Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one think it looks like a US locomotive. It would appeal to me if it were more in line with the 10R in style with higher windshield and bars. I think as an open highway starship, it couldn't be beat with aforementioned changes.
Just to see the dyno figures would be worth the price of admission!
More power to the pee pole!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
What frightens me is the thought of some rich squid buying one and turning himself into an aluminum fireball. I agree it would make a great interstate rocket, though. My bro's ZX9R is big, beefy, and comfy like a sportbike shouldn't be and it makes for a great highway machine so I can only imagine having another HALF A LITER :) plus more modern aero

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Suuuure, and their cars have "276" horsepower and not 400. In all seriousness, I think they bailed on the agreement with this bike but I have no proof.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. This thing is gonna top 200.

I'm gonna say....................................203

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
I'd love to have that as a touring tool!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I was refering to the claim of that RC-51 that was clocked doing 205mph a while back.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Oh yeah! I forgot about that guy! Will an RC51 even do 300km/h (w/out serious modifications)?

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Bock919 said:
Oh yeah! I forgot about that guy! Will an RC51 even do 300km/h (w/out serious modifications)?
Depends on how deep the canyon you drive off is.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to change my screen name, the CBRXX is going bye-bye. My ZX-14 is still not in, called the dealer yesterday. He's saying within the next 2-weeks. Staying with the fastest color "black". Might have to add extra hp with yellow pinstriping. This year will be my first time dealing with Muzzy.

Sat on it at the NYC Bike Show. Sits like the ZZR, more room than the XX, and not as stretched as the Busa. I like most of the look. The only thing I don't like (the most obvious) is the resemblance to the old Suzuki.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My ZX-14 is still not in, called the dealer yesterday. He's saying within the next 2-weeks.

No sheeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????????????????
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Wonder what kind of tire life one of those will get. :p

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
SportyChick said:
Sorry RC51 CBRXX but the ZX-14 is BUTT UGLY!
The front of it with those big friggin' headlights is hideous!
The first time I saw a pic, I agreed. But, in person. It's like that ugly puppy, ugly in a cute/attractive way.

The only problem I have with it is the resemblence to the Suzuki RF900 with those side vents.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Better looking than a Busa.
I think the look was led by the need to be very aerodynamic.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Bigdaa said:
Better looking than a Busa.
I think the look was led by the need to be very aerodynamic.
Busas look like giant turds, so that isn't saying too much. I don't really think the ZX14 is all that ugly, though, just bland.

On another note, does anyone know if they're planning a ZZR version of this guy? I could have sworn I read an article suggesting a ZZR 1400.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
First thing I thought of when I glanced at the above picture, Ninja 250. Serious.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts