Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you eventually lose your balance, trip over your own feet and fall into 2' deep of red hot coals and 3' tall flames. Unless you jump clear at the very last moment, tackle a bolder with your forearm & shoulder and tuck and roll clear. If I hadn't gotten very lucky over the weekend you'd be reading a story about me in the burn ward at Tampa General.

3 days of dawn to dusk work at the farm has completely worn me out. I could sand fiberglass with my bare hands right now. I have 4 days to rest before I'm back at it this coming weekend. The new tractor is great, I bought a dump cart attachment which should double my productivity, got a bitchin' cool chainsaw too. Had everything bush-hogged Saturday and it looks great now. This weekend's plan includes tree trimming with a boom lift, fence section removal, more tree debris gathering and burning and getting ready for plot boundry, elevation, easement and well & septic surveys. This is hard work. :)

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Gotta be more to the story, do tell please.

Also if the vodka had anything to do with it I will not be held responsible:D

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately the vodka did not play a role in the "jack be nimble" episode. The vodka has been an after dinner relaxation technique, and a much appreciated one at that.

Now Sporty, you know that most women get wet and weak-kneed over an educated and socially cultured guy who can actually work land instead of riding a barcolounger all Sunday afternoon.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Hey now, I can work the land too, I just choose not to most of the time because the couch is so much more comfortable.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
CMulford said:
Hey now, I can work the land too, I just choose not to most of the time because the couch is so much more comfortable.:rolleyes:

isn't that the truth... how did your lawn get mowed last? :cool:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
h_ryder said:
isn't that the truth... how did your lawn get mowed last? :cool:
But that was just the backyard. I had mowed the front yard at least a couple times after that before the leaves and snow. And chopped up that bush too.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
CMulford said:
Moto's sheep can't hardly walk, let alone make up to NY.

i don't even want to know how you know Moto's sheep can't hardly walk...

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's one sheep left on the farm. It's been sold but the guy hasn't come to pick it up yet. I might get some goats to eat the grass down.
Maybe I can find a goat herder and let him use the grazing area for a month or two.

In all honesty I found returning to work today to be a nusiance. Listening to stupid dishonest people whine about their whineyass lives. I looked around and thought, I can't wait to get out of this place. Everything is so much better just working on the farm. It's honest, you get done what you do, no excuses, no whining...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.