Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Ya'll talked me into a 919

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  NJ 919 
#1 ·
OK, well I guess I have a new bike. I found it on eBay a few weeks ago by a dealer in rural Missouri who couldn't get rid of their '04 919. Apparently farmers can't check their cows with 919's, RC51's or Rune's, but they have to floorplan various bikes to stay qualified as a dealer, not just ATV's. They just sold an '03 RC a few weeks ago and a couple of months back just shipped a Rune to Florida. It's fun to find a deal on 'leftover' stuff, makes you feel like you found a hidden treasure sorta. Anyway, this 919 only got up to $5,800 on eBay and didn't meet reserve, so I contacted them and said I would do $6,750 OTD (they wanted $7,185) and after a few weeks they called back and accepted. I probably should have low-balled more, but I don't want to be too cheap, they probably have lost some money already having it sit this many years.

It's the Matte Uranium (electric green) color, which my wife shocked me by saying she actually liked the color, so I figured what the heck.

Of course, now I have to lose some of my savings by having it shipped down here......

G
#8 ·
Great find! I wanted to have a "Green Hornet" but the wife wouldn't let me paint mine. Something about it wouldn't match my jacket? Since when do we care about such things - paint the bike and then buy a new jacket to match! She couldn't see the logic.....

#10 ·
I will offer to go get it and ride it for awhile to make sure it doesn't need any type of warranty service, then swap some stuff to my '02, then deliver it to you. Deal?

How about having them recrate it and ship it by whoever delivers to them?

Anyway, congrats on the bike, you will love it.

G
#12 ·
A buddy of mine baught a bike on ebay and had the shipping and all sorced thru ebay. Paid $400 or so FL to NC. He evn got all the spare parts like extra wheels, swing arm, exhaust and so on. He even got to keep the tie downs.

#13 ·
I'm jealous. When my buddies sell their sportbikes, I'm going to buy a 919 to ride with my cruiser /Harley friends. (I'm not ready for a hog yet.)

Might get rid of the 954 and get a 600 trackbike and a 919 for the street. I'm just waiting for the 919 to get the 600 hornet upgrades... next year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.