Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, well I guess I have a new bike. I found it on eBay a few weeks ago by a dealer in rural Missouri who couldn't get rid of their '04 919. Apparently farmers can't check their cows with 919's, RC51's or Rune's, but they have to floorplan various bikes to stay qualified as a dealer, not just ATV's. They just sold an '03 RC a few weeks ago and a couple of months back just shipped a Rune to Florida. It's fun to find a deal on 'leftover' stuff, makes you feel like you found a hidden treasure sorta. Anyway, this 919 only got up to $5,800 on eBay and didn't meet reserve, so I contacted them and said I would do $6,750 OTD (they wanted $7,185) and after a few weeks they called back and accepted. I probably should have low-balled more, but I don't want to be too cheap, they probably have lost some money already having it sit this many years.

It's the Matte Uranium (electric green) color, which my wife shocked me by saying she actually liked the color, so I figured what the heck.

Of course, now I have to lose some of my savings by having it shipped down here......

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Bob.... where did you find it? Ebay auction? Whats the name of the dealer? They may have other treasures to unload!

Good job on the find!

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
no effin' way !!

the unconscious collective has assimilated another one...resistance is futile lol

congrat's, enjoy...it's a fun ride for those that enjoy bein nekkid :D

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Another niner, hook line and sinker! Enjoy your find!

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
As a group, we can be very persuasive.
All kidding aside, you are going to love your new ride.
Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Do we even have any FZ owners here?

Welcome to the club, Bob!

G

·
Great find! I wanted to have a "Green Hornet" but the wife wouldn't let me paint mine. Something about it wouldn't match my jacket? Since when do we care about such things - paint the bike and then buy a new jacket to match! She couldn't see the logic.....

·
Banned
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I posted earlier and for some reason it didn't show up, so I'll try again. Can anyone recommend a good shipper, particularly Missouri to Florida? And MidWest, it's Cameron Honda, Cameron, Missouri. (816) 632-5050

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
I will offer to go get it and ride it for awhile to make sure it doesn't need any type of warranty service, then swap some stuff to my '02, then deliver it to you. Deal?

How about having them recrate it and ship it by whoever delivers to them?

Anyway, congrats on the bike, you will love it.

·
Banned
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been in the showroom since '04 or whenever the '04's were shipped, so I seriously doubt they still have the crate. And no, you can't have my adjustable suspension:no:

G

·
A buddy of mine baught a bike on ebay and had the shipping and all sorced thru ebay. Paid $400 or so FL to NC. He evn got all the spare parts like extra wheels, swing arm, exhaust and so on. He even got to keep the tie downs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm jealous. When my buddies sell their sportbikes, I'm going to buy a 919 to ride with my cruiser /Harley friends. (I'm not ready for a hog yet.)

Might get rid of the 954 and get a 600 trackbike and a 919 for the street. I'm just waiting for the 919 to get the 600 hornet upgrades... next year?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Read something about the suspension getting updated. Either rates, or upside down forks or something. I was a little hungover, I'll have to look it up.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
06' 599 hornet

Front Suspension now has a 41mm inverted fork with 4.7-inch travel. To the best of my knowledge it is non-adjustable.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
If you are waiting for the upgrades to the 919 just get one the upgrades will never happen(man I'd love to be wrong here).

People been waiting since the first 9er came out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the 919 club... You will not be disappointed...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts