Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a budding journalist hiding inside you somewhere? Do you plan on attending AMA, WSBK or motoGP events in your area this year? Can you get the scoops, keep a journal and tell a story well? Want a place of esteem among your peers?

I’m looking for contributing writers to help cover the 2006 racing season. Unfortunately we can’t really get you press credential access but hey, those people all write the same things anyway. We’re looking for people who can tell us what’s happening at the event, get some opinions from other fans, then craft that into a story and report back to us all.

While I can offer no real monetary reward or compensation for your efforts I can give you a kickass screen title, access to a private section of the website where we can coordinate activities and develop & review stories and probably throw in some cool swag.

You want in?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Count me in for any Canadian Superbike Races that I attend.
I'll actually be attending some Amateur races as "pit crew" for a friend who will be racing this season.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I nominate M51142 and Ratdog

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
dunno bout reportin but i'll spin a few yarns bout some track day fun....Montreal to Alabama, Pittsburgh to Virginia, 3 different track orgs and one bad attitude :D

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
I'd love to try, but there's only a slight possibility of me making it down to VIR in August.

That or I could finally get around to going up to Saratoga to meet JohnnyB and join him at some of the Loudon Series events.

My writing would definately be categorized as amatuer...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I can give you some insight and reporting on Carnival in Brazil in a few weeks. There are both amatuers and professionals there.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
RC51_CBRXX said:
I can give you some insight and reporting on Carnival in Brazil in a few weeks. There are both amatuers and professionals there.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Don't know how good a story I can write, but I'll definitely be at some AMA races this year. Normally get good pics too. We're still trying to get credentials (UGH) since we won't have hard cards this year. I can usually get a scoop or two during the year too. ;)

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I dont even know if I will make it to the AMA race at Elkhart this summer... LOVE to, but as of today... NO BIKE.

I might take the boys this year in the car... see what they think. No better way to get them hooked than let them smell the racing fuel for themselves.

Is the retard Aussie running there this year? Maybe we can throw tomatoes at him....

·
Registered
115 Posts
SportyChick said:
Count me in for any Canadian Superbike Races that I attend.
I'll actually be attending some Amateur races as "pit crew" for a friend who will be racing this season.
Oh I cant wait for her reports..........And asshat #1 just passes asshat #2, no no no asshat #3 is coming out of no where...............:D

·
Registered
607 Posts
midwest said:
Is the retard Aussie running there this year? Maybe we can throw tomatoes at him....
Which retard Aussie is that? I'm gonna assume you're talking Mladin, but it could also be Buckmaster, Attard, or Gobert.

·
Living the dream
1,246 Posts
Angela and I would be in. I think I can swing the writing part with her photos to assist.

We should be able to get a few inside stories to share.\, as Mike said we know a few riders.

Angela may be able to swing credentials if she does photos for any of the big sites (she has had photos used by superbikeplanet). Count us in. Unfortunately, only 4 rounds planned this year compared to 6 last year.:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts