Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else looking forward to watching any events?

Only "sport" I have a problem with is "curling". Should this really be an olympic sport. Yes, I know it takes skill, yada yada. But, an olympic sport? If you say yes. Why wouldn't Bocce be a summer olympic sport?

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
I always look at the Olympics as it originally was... Faster, Higher, Stonger.
If it doesn't fit in those categories then it doesn't belong.

But... Better, as in better skill, like in Archery and/or Rifelry, sort of fits because they would show who is a more formidable warrior so perhaps the skill in Curling, Bocce, Darts, Billiards etc. might also fit along those lines. That's not to say those past times should be in the Olympics though because that's just rediculous.

Now my biggest pet peeve is with any and all judge events. I'm not saying that Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Diving, Arial Ski Acrobats etc. are stupid because they also take tremendous amounts of training and ability. What I do believe though is that they shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the Olympic ideal because of potential biases in a score based off of human opinions. There are World Championships for those type events and that's great, but their performances can't be measured without any doubt so they don't belong in the Olympics.

But I do like to see the girls in their leotards and swimsuits...:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey you missed the best part, watch the Opening Ceremony they have 5 countem 5 Ducati 999 Red beauties dressed as horses being moved around the coliseum floor, then they put a F1 Ferrari together in the Coliseum , start it up and the guy does donuts and a burnout only ex-Motorushers could love. Dont miss it, I took the day off and it made my day.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Trunorth said:
Hey you missed the best part, watch the Opening Ceremony they have 5 countem 5 Ducati 999 Red beauties dressed as horses being moved around the coliseum floor, then they put a F1 Ferrari together in the Coliseum , start it up and the guy does donuts and a burnout only ex-Motorushers could love. Dont miss it, I took the day off and it made my day.

Dude, just cus you live in the great white north and riding time is down you gotta stop smoking so much of that chit. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Dogs - Actually I made my contribution to the Olympics over the last two days by X-Country skiing , Classic style about 10Kms each day, dont ask about my running time. Got back home and called a few dealers to see if they had a new R6 on the floor for something to do but apparently they are the hottest new sportbike going, they're in and out, dealers cant keep em in stock. People must be puttin them in there living rooms or something because there's simply too much damn snow and the temp is running at 15F, to test out that +17K redline ?!.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've been watching as much as I can!
Canadian Women's hockey team is kicking ass! They beat the Italian team 16-0 and the Russian team 12-0!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah those games run up embarrassing totals, as you know traditionally you stop the scoreboard at 8 but now in a tie situation e.g. Canada final with the U.S. Team , they look at all goals scored in the series so everyone counts.
I was routing for Becky Scott in XCountry, and Klassen in Speedskating and actually was hoping Bode/Rhalves in Downhill but all struggled although Klassen got a bronze.
Most interesting sport is that Biathlon Xcountry skiing and shooting.

Meantime I have to find some helibars for my Gixxer.

·
Twisted Wrister
985 Posts
Why do Canadian women like "it" from behind ?..................................

....so they can still watch hockey!

Oh man, that's good stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it's coming to an end. I didn't watch as much as I would have liked. I thought the coverage was poor.

Here's my biggest complaint of the Olympics, Dick Button. What a douche! I'm not a figure skating fan, but I give credit for what it takes to be at that level. Ya, the guys are "pillow biters" (not that there is anything wrong with that). But, there is alot of dedication, sacrifice, and hard work! Button is just so negative and mighty. His comments about Victor P&^$%^ (sp?) were assinine. This is the dude that did a quad, triple, double loop. That shiet is just f'd up.

Okay back to my Belhaven Scottish Ale. Mmmmmm. This from a guy that never tough alcohol until a few yrs ago.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some interesting personalities, Bodie Miller, what's up man, lets go for a beer and then go race, medals who cares I am here to have some fun.
Shani Davis vs Hedrick, hey man arent we on the same Team, yeah you're on your team and I am on mine, and by the way you suck.
And lets face it you watch figure skating it's all about who's gonna fall down first.

Vancouver/Whistler 2010, another party for Bodie.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Im not arguing I loooveeeeee women. :D
So much so that I was going to start a thread that ALL forum ladies shall post up some current pics of them sitting on their rides (that would be of motorcycle persuasion) andf not thumbnail sizes. :D

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
XFBO said:
Hey Im not arguing I loooveeeeee women. :D
So much so that I was going to start a thread that ALL forum ladies shall post up some current pics of them sitting on their rides (that would be of motorcycle persuasion) andf not thumbnail sizes. :D
:stupid: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts