Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forecast for freezing rain tonight......Need ideas on how to kill the boredom of Winter since I can't play with any of my motorized toys.....

Any suggestions welcome

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
MOVE.......

Weather here has been GREAT! December was tough with lots of below freezing temps and snow.. but after that.... its like spring! 40's regularly! I know its coming... but the longer it can hold off the better.... I HATE WINTER!

In like lion out like a kitty kat hopefully.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
For starters head on over to the Motorcycle show at Javit's this coming week 01/20 - 01/22. Then plan a 1 or 2 week vacation to a warm climate, one of the islands, or a Caribbean cruise. Great for curing those winter blahs...

G

·
We just got over 27 consecutive days of rain here in WA.

However, it looks like another 27 are on their way as of today...

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Rub one off.....then another one........then another one...before you know it...it's spring time.
Then you rub another one off.
JohnnyB

G

·
Wizard said:
We just got over 27 consecutive days of rain here in WA.

However, it looks like another 27 are on their way as of today...
Same here. The down pours changed to plain rain on Sunday and it was 45 degrees so I rode 80 miles of back roads. The wife thinks I've lost it..... But she did note that I was in a better mood when I returned. Chilled to the bone but happy! :D

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
m51142 said:
For starters head on over to the Motorcycle show at Javit's this coming week 01/20 - 01/22. Then plan a 1 or 2 week vacation to a warm climate, one of the islands, or a Caribbean cruise. Great for curing those winter blahs...
Might have to go with yours Mike. Bike show at Javit's and planning a little golf trip to Inisbrook just to keep sane.

For you guys riding in 20 degree weather I gave up on that a few years ago, too much of a wuss now I guess.

Now as far as moving I would consider if anyone is hiring new traders!:D

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Inisbrook... you have to let me know how it is.... I was considering that for the family this spring... but Hilton Head was the choice.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was there a couple years ago. Very nice layout, 4 courses of which two are lnks type. Nicely challenging overall. Copperhead was truly sweet, now I know why they run the PGA there.

If you want a sweet layout you need to try World Tour of Golf in Myrtle Beach. By far the hardest and most challenging course I've encountered!

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
Tear apart you bike and put it all back together again... Why not?

Or you could work out like a maniac and play video games. Sneak in some cross country skiing and some down hill and then rub one out in between each activity. Seems like a plan to me.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dayrock said:
Tear apart you bike and put it all back together again... Why not?

Or you could work out like a maniac and play video games. Sneak in some cross country skiing and some down hill and then rub one out in between each activity. Seems like a plan to me.
Already did that with the WR and now it's running like sh#t..........

Work out? What the hell is that? Used to do it religiously but now too busy chasing the rugrats around while they suck every last ounce of energy from me!:D

Rubbing one out? Well come blood or blister I'll spit on him one last time!:D

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
Screw the North... I grew up in Buffalo NY and hate the snow now. Looks pretty on TV and for skiing but the weather SUCKED. Love it down here in Virginia. I won't ever move any farther north again.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Latest suck ass weather report from CT. The power just got restored. The high winds knocked out the electricity around 9 this morning, 70% of my town was affected. When I loose power I loose everything, no heat (oil burner) and no water (electric well pump), no nothing. Grrrr...:mad:

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
Sorry to hear that man... put on all your gear to stay warm and run around the house making vroom, vroom noises. Pretty soon it will be spring again, hahaha.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
dayrock said:
Screw the North... I grew up in Buffalo NY and hate the snow now. Looks pretty on TV and for skiing but the weather SUCKED. Love it down here in Virginia. I won't ever move any farther north again.
Did you grow a mullet too when you moved to Virginia? :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts