Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm starting to look into doing some things to my bike that I have wanted to do since I got it. I finally found a café racer style rear subframe with seat and exhaust. Unfortunately, it is built for a Honda CB600F and I have a CB900F. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if this would fit on my bike or not? I would think so because I believe the frames are the same size. I'm not a motorcycle-ologist so please help me out. I have tried emailing the company a couple of times but never received a response. The link is attached.

https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en/honda-cb600f-pc34-pc36-hornet-subframe-kit.html

·
McTavish
6,259 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone here having explored this before, so my assumption is that no experience based help exists, at least not here that is.

Neat idea though, that is if it'll truly bolt on.
I'm a little dubious, but given Honda's common use of parts, or reuse of parts, there's chance.
Suggested is your accessing a 600 to compare measurements you take off of your 919.
Also suggested is checking 600 vs 900 P/Ns for the sideplates that support the swingarm pivot pin.
Also suggest you try at least one British or Euro' based website, as the fleet of 600s is way more than over here, same re 900s as well I think.
Bigger fleet should net more chance of answers for you.

·
Shootist357
57 Posts
you could always just go buy a CB600F ;) never too many bikes in the garage....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the reply I forgot to check this. The company I'm looking at is actually based out of the Netherlands. I plan on calling later this week to ask them directly so we'll see how it goes and I'll update after. What did you mean when you said "600 vs 900 P/Ns"? I didn't really understand it.

·
McTavish
6,259 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply I forgot to check this. The company I'm looking at is actually based out of the Netherlands. I plan on calling later this week to ask them directly so we'll see how it goes and I'll update after. What did you mean when you said "600 vs 900 P/Ns"? I didn't really understand it.
If the P/N's for the 600's sideplates as holds the swingarm pin, are the same as the 900's P/Ns, then you know the mounting dimensions of them to the frame, are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts