Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my RC-51 was stock, and I drove nice I'd get about 40-42MPG on the highway. Now with power commander and Akra pipes, I can squeeze 35MPG out of it.

What have you guys seen on a stock setup for mileage? I'm more interested in all makes and models than just the RC. 919's, 1000rr's, Ducati's, BMW's even... :) Whatever you got, let us know.

With a 1500cc engine @ 850lbs with 12hp. I'd like to know what a Harley gets for mileage?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
ragdoll said:
When my RC-51 was stock, and I drove nice I'd get about 40-42MPG on the highway. Now with power commander and Akra pipes, I can squeeze 35MPG out of it.

What have you guys seen on a stock setup for mileage? I'm more interested in all makes and models than just the RC. 919's, 1000rr's, Ducati's, BMW's even... :) Whatever you got, let us know.

With a 1500cc engine @ 850lbs with 12hp. I'd like to know what a Harley gets for mileage?
- RC51, not stock, has the usual mods (PCIII, Mid-Sato's, Pair, etc.). Casual ride will get about 120 miles a tank. Hard riding or track have been in the 80's.
- XX, super-slab will get mid 40 mpg.
- H-D Springer, 124 cc engine (bore, stroked, & NO2). Super slab from CT to Mrytle Beach got about 40 mpg. Riding hard, 20 mpg.
- Custom with 147 cc (NO2), never gone long distance. Getting under 20 mpg.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
You all sound like you need to twist the throttle a bit more and quit :scooter: around!

The best I ever got on my RC in stock non race form was 110mi a tank and this was super slabbing it.

On my CBR900rr in stock form I'd get about 170mi a tank. Thats now down to about 150mi.

The rc51 in race trim (Stock motor, slip-ons) I get about 10 laps (2.37mi) every 3.5 gallons! :cool2:

Use more gas, these :euro: :cowboy: :eek:sama: :arabia: guys need our money! :censored:

G

·
dadogs said:
I would say on the average about 40mpg on the niner.

Same here... about 46 to 48. Worse was 36 and best was 52. The worst was on a play day. The 52 was perfect commuting with non-rush hour traffic.

:thumbup1:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
38.5 MPG this week on the ol pig. 95% commuting to work on this tank. I got about 160 miles before filling up.

That is the best I've ever done with the current setup. I usually don't ride it to work much because I car pool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.