Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found two friction plates cracked during my slipper install (R6) so now I gotta decide if Im just replacing those two plates (since this bike only has 2500 miles) or replace the entire pack. If I go the entire pack route what brand should I go with??? oem or aftermarket?

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
i suggest motorcycle clutches.

anything more I can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Not much of a mechanic and I don't know Yamaha's very well but, it sounds odd that only 2 friction plates were busted out of the whole plates... did u check the basket for any damage? I would believe so.

I know Honda OEM clutches are very good for regular street use so depending the use of the R6, I would probably suggest getting the 2 friction from yamaha and be done with it or try some cryo's from Barnett (if offered for the R6).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm Im leaning towards just buying two plates from Yamaha. Im not getting enough feedback to make an informed decision on the other forums I frequent soooo I think Im gonna make it easy this time.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
XFBO said:
Hmmm Im leaning towards just buying two plates from Yamaha. Im not getting enough feedback to make an informed decision on the other forums I frequent soooo I think Im gonna make it easy this time.
I have had great success with Barnett for sportbikes and cruisers. Depending on your skillls, time available and $$'s. I would try the plates first.

One of the other forums you frequent, the RC focused one (cough), has changed for the worst IMHO. Haven't posted there in over a year and only read it once in a while.:confused:

Remember to double check the serial numbers on your new plates or basket.;)

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
2500 miles and 2 plates went?

Did you check the basket? What did you find?

I am a Honda guy.. but clutches are clutches right?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Personally I would go OEM with clutches, replaced one on my friend's F4i last season after he burnt it out at the quarter mile dragstrip.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RC51_CBRXX said:
Remember to double check the serial numbers on your new plates or basket.;)
:D thnx for the chuckle!
midwest said:
2500 miles and 2 plates went? Did you check the basket? What did you find?
Yep two plates were cracked, well, one was for sure the second one might of been slightly cracked till I wiggled it. :D All the others were fine. What exactly am I looking for on the basket? I gave it a quick scan as per RC90's advice but didnt see anything.
SportyChick said:
replaced one on my friend's F4i last season
Oh baby keep talking dirty to me! :D How cool is that guys? A woman who helps changing clutches.....WOW!

Ive always heard good things about Barnett but would you believe Speedwerks made it loud and clear to me to stick with OEM or Vesrah for the R6.....I bought my Yoyo slipper thru him and he seems to know his **** soooo Im gonna follow his advice.

Thnx for the input everyone!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,667 Posts
Replace them all. Because I said so!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
XFBO said:
Oh baby keep talking dirty to me! :D How cool is that guys? A woman who helps changing clutches.....WOW!
It was much worse then that! The guy who burned his clutch out was too scared/worried to ride the bike to a garage where myself and another guy could switch out his clutch. So I had to go pick up his bike, ride it myself with no clutch while he followed in my car. There was another guy riding with me as well, he didn't even want to ride the bike with the burned out clutch. Damn suck asses!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds to me like Canadian men tend to be a bunch of nancyboys.....come relocate to the USA. ;)

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,667 Posts
Yes Sporty. Come over to the Stars and Stripes.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hahahaha "nancyboys", I love that! Rarely hear that here.

I nearly did at one time relocate to the States, I was going to move to Denver but it fell through.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,667 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts