Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

7381 - 7398 of 7398 Posts

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
I have the same screen, as well. It takes lots of wind off the chest, but puts it all about helmet high.(I'm 6'2") Better than nuffins and is good for the tuck.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
spooned on tires by myself for the first time. Motion pro tire levers, bead breaker, valve core remover and an air compressor were the only specialty tools I needed. Tired were in dire need of replacement.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also ordered CustomLED integrated tail light board, LED flasher relay, and turn signals for the front (even though the headlight has integrated turn signals). Can't wait to get it all installed.
Did you go with the toggle switch as well to fiddle with the settings? If so be careful if/when tightening it down once you find a spot to locate it. Doesn't take much to over-torque the little threaded neck on it and snap it to pieces. Ask me how I know :cautious:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Working on installing customled integrated tail. Got it all hooked up and now my brake lights don't work at all. Checked with original bulb in other socket that I didn't cut and it didn't illuminate more when pressing the brakes either. Any advice? Never had an issue before this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you go with the toggle switch as well to fiddle with the settings? If so be careful if/when tightening it down once you find a spot to locate it. Doesn't take much to over-torque the little threaded neck on it and snap it to pieces. Ask me how I know :cautious:
I didn't order that switch, having an issue with my brake light not working now. It was before...ever have an issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I figured out my brake light issues. Rear switch needed a slight adjustment and one of the connectors were off on the front brake. So onto everything I did today.

CustomLED.com Integrated rear tail light and front LED turn signals (already have rear from fender eliminator). Also got their LED blinker Relay. Heads up, I did order the Honda oem connectors and 1 to 2 splitters they sell to make it clean and neat. However, when I went to install, my OEM connectors on my 2007 look like the connectors they make for their kawasaki oem connectors (I plan on reaching out to them about it).

Bought an LED headlight on Amazon and fitted it up, ran out of taps and couldn't hook up the Integrated turn signals, so that'll be tomorrow probably. Was about a 1/4" too small all around so I found some foam weatherstripping that filled the gap nicely and doesn't look terrible. Anyone have advice on a different material I could use to fit in that gap that might be better? It says when compacted it's waterproof...it's semi compacted lol.

Also plastidipped the chrome headlight surround and gauge buckets. Looks so much better. Might run without the Puig Raptor fairing I bought even.

Lastly, I decided to put the baffles back in my Delkevic Slipons...didn't sound any different lmao. Oh well.

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
Headlight and gauges lookin good! Never was a fan of the chrome, either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Removed my wheels and will be dropping them off tomorrow to get some new Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires put on since these are the original tires from 2007. Supposed to rain the next few days, so perfect time to do so. Got the tires from Revzilla for stupid cheap and they were both manufactured last year.

·
Left of Centre
3,921 Posts
Had this little bit of technology arrive in the mail and got 1/2 way through fitting it.

The box says: "Motion sensor technology used to detect deceleration with extreme accuracy, measuring the state and position parameters of your motorcycle 300 times a second.

Acceleration and gyroscope sensors used combined with an advanced algorithm will detect deceleration and flash your brake light to warn drivers behind you."

I'll let you know.

View attachment 158181
Yeah, so, turns out it does what it says on the box, triggers the brake light in response to vehicle deceleration alone, independent of brake light switches.

Wired it in with some nice little tap-in connectors and bolted it back together and had a friend follow me through traffic.

I was deliberately staying away from the brakes and just using the throttle and downshifts to lose speed, and apparently the brake light was lighting up like a Christmas tree. Excellent!

·
919 Rider
2,760 Posts
That’s cool Kiwi.
I installed some very bright LED brake bulbs that flash several times before going solid when applying the brake. Also fitted a hydraulic brake switch after the OEM mechanical switch started playing up.

·
Left of Centre
3,921 Posts
Yeah, one of my concerns was the hydraulic switch at the front [installed when I swapped to GSX-R m/c] requires a heap of pressure to activate, which is all very well in the garage, but on the road I never knew if I was showing red at the back or not - now I know.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Found out that Bridgestone s22s don't last very long. I got about 600 miles out of the rear. Also, accidentally went metal-metal with the rear brake pads, and almost did with the front pads as well. Oops.

Quick s22 review: they handle fantastic. No warm-up needed. Compared to the rosso corsa 2, tip in is easier and requires less effort on the bars to maintain lean angle. Rc2 has a bit more edge grip though. Even so, S22 only started to really slide when it was completely dead. They also cost about half as much at 207 dollars after the rebate vs 420.

Will try a Bridgestone T32GT on the rear next, utilizing their rebate currently going on. Also excited to get some carbone Loraine brake pads. Loved the c59s on the hornet.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

7381 - 7398 of 7398 Posts