Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

7341 - 7360 of 7361 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm a little pissed at Revzilla. My "new" front Battlax T30 Evos has a September 2017 date, the rear a 2018. :unsure:

Had some run-ins with ze Germans myself today. What did I learn? The latest gen S8 can hustle for such a big boy. And M3 convertibles are driven exclusively by people who ought to be piloting something considerably slower, and requiring of much fewer brain cells to operate safely (like a Big Wheel, for example).

First 70+ day in Chicagoland, so it's not like ze Germans had a monopoly on craziness though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a little pissed at Revzilla. My "new" front Battlax T30 Evos has a September 2017 date, the rear a 2018. :unsure:

Had some run-ins with ze Germans myself today. What did I learn? The latest gen S8 can hustle for such a big boy. And M3 convertibles are driven exclusively by people who ought to be piloting something considerably slower, and requiring of much fewer brain cells to operate safely (like a Big Wheel, for example).

First 70+ day in Chicagoland, so it's not like ze Germans had a monopoly on craziness though.
Yeah those AMGs haul. I have Swedish muscle lol 2015 s60 t6 r-design with the I6 turbo. She gets up and goes and was probably faster than my 95 XJ600 lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ah the R-designs. Thassa spicy Swedish meatball.

I actually did not plan on going out today, was supposed a few hours in the garage doing new pads. But I've still got a ton of life on the old ones so... put stuff back together and went out for a ride. I also learned that I have 3 bottles of red Brakleen. Nice. Take that, environment!

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
Reactions: DDabs

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
It appears to be of good craftsmanship and has a nice black finish. I put one on my '03 and it fits just fine. I have an SW Motech on the '07 and for some reason it seems a lot easier to get the '03 up on the stand. Weird.
Some don't like the looks or the extra weight, but it's purty dang handy when servicing the tires, chain and sprockets, brakes and everything else. It was mentioned here that you could temporarily mount it on the bike without the springs and clips, then remove it when finished servicing the bike. Phobman used to make a temporary stand for this type of use, but I dunno if he's still around.
Personally, I would not tour without one.

I ran a tap thru the mounting holes (for the stop) on the frame of the bike, because they were full of dirt and chain grease. I also replace the included hardware with stainless steel bolts and washers. Don't think the kit included lockwashers, so I got bolts that were a bit longer to accommodate some. I also used blue Loctite because, why not.
Mount the stand first, then the stop.

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
Reactions: ahung12

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
Reactions: Islandboy

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
According to most of those here who have performed the procedure, it gives you a new motorcycle...lol

Reactions: DDabs

·
Registered
269 Posts
LMAO Just noticed this part of your post.
The 90 degree stems were one of my very first mods... I was so happy- bought a cupla extra sets and spread the cheer with some riding buddies... Yeah, you're weird...🧐

Now you need one of these...

Hah! I can imagine the conversation now.

"Hey, what's with the straight tire pressure gauge?"
"You got a better watch to check the pressure with 90 degree valve stems??"

Scored a Belstaff Trialmaster for my birthday, from the fam. Life is goooood.

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,713 Posts
Rufftup, I’ve got a Morgan carbtune. It’s a great piece of kit. Very easy to use and accurate.
Good luck carrying out your starter valve synchronisation. Made a big difference to my bike at low throttle. The starter valves on my bike were off.

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
From reading here, mine are way off. It's bad herky-jerky at low speeds. Your input on the starter valve synch thread put me onto it. Making one is easy to do, but...

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
Waxed. Not one of the OG made in UK ones of course. But damn, is it nice. I've got my Schott for leather.
An old guy gave me a wax back in the '80s.. I wore it to rags. Loved those pockets!

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
How many cc
great scenery btw

7341 - 7360 of 7361 Posts