Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

7321 - 7340 of 7361 Posts

·
Tirone?
1,313 Posts
Since I'm selling my 919, I figured I'd immortalize it by making it my race numbers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Is that bike #4 for you? What is it? I've been eying a KTM 500 exc to convert to supermoto.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought myself a lot of riding shit over the pandemic, but didn't spend a single red cent on the 919 and I'm feeling guilty. So I got some Bridgestone T30 Evo's, OEM f/r pads and 90* valve stems on order. The pair of T30's cost me $170 shipped, which was nice. Was about to go with Dunlop RS3's but there was a $70 difference, so that went to the pads and stems. Am I weird for being most excited about those damn stems?

Anyhow I'm giving myself till 4/10 (my birthday) to finally get my SS brake lines installed, which I bought in 2019. So Mods if you guys don't see pictures up by 4/10, please ban me or else I won't learn.

·
`
3,862 Posts
picked up super neglected Monster '07 S4Rs about a month ago for a very good price. 5k on the clock, leaking Ohlins forks and shock, battery leaked and messed up the valve cover, chain looks like it was never lubed, no maintenance records (I opened her up and it looks like I ws the first person to get to her valves and belts), original tires stamped 2006 production date. Bike ran good so I snatched it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Is that bike #4 for you? What is it? I've been eying a KTM 500 exc to convert to supermoto.
It's a "minimoto." It's a Honda crf 150f and is classified as an f2 bike. It's the most fun thing I've ever done on two wheels, while also being the least expensive. It was 100 bucks a head between 5 people to rent out an entire kart track for a day, and a set of pirelli Superbike slicks cost me 100 bucks.

·
`
3,862 Posts
It's a "minimoto." It's a Honda crf 150f and is classified as an f2 bike. It's the most fun thing I've ever done on two wheels, while also being the least expensive. It was 100 bucks a head between 5 people to rent out an entire kart track for a day, and a set of pirelli Superbike slicks cost me 100 bucks.

Nice little toy. I’m sure miss my drz450 supermoto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Got my G&J lines installed, actually a few days ago. But after the nightmare first time draining and bleeding the brake fluid, I left the front and rear brakes engaged overnight. Now trying to find a creative solution to line management since those super nice brackets are no longer being made it seems :(

How are you guys managing all the slack in your SS lines?

·
Registered
755 Posts
View attachment 158071 Got my G&J lines installed, actually a few days ago. But after the nightmare first time draining and bleeding the brake fluid, I left the front and rear brakes engaged overnight. Now trying to find a creative solution to line management since those super nice brackets are no longer being made it seems :(

How are you guys managing all the slack in your SS lines?
I did exactly what you did, except mine don't seem to have quite so much extra length

·
Registered
269 Posts

There is a shocking amount of slack though I'm sure that I have them installed correctly since there seems to be only one way they can go on.

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
I used Galfer lines and had the same problem.

·
Registered
269 Posts
How do you make sure you swapped your brake lines and bled the brakes properly if it was your first time? Have someone else do the testing!

Also discovered:
1. Oil drain plug was too loose. Waiting for bits to cool off before torqueing to spec with my new torque wrench (nearly pulled the trigger on Proto, but cheaped out and went Tekton due to shelling out on other bits)
2. Rear LED brake light was too loose, fixed
3. Both clutch and brake lever bolts were loose, fixed.

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
Please get that so we can see it in real life! I have always seen that piece and been curious...
lmao $356.59 with shipping. You first...

Reactions: DDabs

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
How do you make sure you swapped your brake lines and bled the brakes properly if it was your first time? Have someone else do the testing!

View attachment 158074

Also discovered:
1. Oil drain plug was too loose. Waiting for bits to cool off before torqueing to spec with my new torque wrench (nearly pulled the trigger on Proto, but cheaped out and went Tekton due to shelling out on other bits)
2. Rear LED brake light was too loose, fixed
3. Both clutch and brake lever bolts were loose, fixed.
A little Ninja on a 919!
Did you get a solution to the brake line routing?

·
Wanna free cat?
551 Posts
And get stuck with child support? Hale naw... lmfao
It looks soo good, but chrome still won't get ya home

·
Registered
269 Posts
A little Ninja on a 919!
Did you get a solution to the brake line routing?
She loves going for short rides around the neighborhood. Funny you call her Ninja though. I told her I'd get her a bike as soon as she can ride a bit, and asked her what color she wanted. She said green :(. Guess we're a split household.

Oh, I haven't done anything with the brake line slack. I've got on order a bracket that I think will work, but we'll see in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After a long 3 weeks, I finally got my plates! So naturally had to go for a ride...even if it was only like 47 out. It was sunny. Short drive just to test her out. Somehow ended up behind a C63 AMG on the highway looked down at I was over 110 it was smooth. Felt like going 75 on my old Seca 2. Slowed down because cold roads and old tires. Waiting for my front lift to take the wheels off and get the Pilot Road 2s on that I just got from Revzilla.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7321 - 7340 of 7361 Posts