WristTwisters.com banner

7261 - 7280 of 7310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
Is the bike near or at full development?

85%, but it is at the crucial test mule point where we cannot go further until I get all the data at hand. Without that data more data on top of it with additional components would basically be meaningless.

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts
85%, but it is at the crucial test mule point where we cannot go further until I get all the data at hand. Without that data more data on top of it with additional components would basically be meaningless.
My guess is that you are going to be doing computerized chassis analysis that goes beyond simple min and max travel fore and aft.
I could really get into that stuff........................ I wish I had a way!

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
Actually I am going to ride the living piss outta it and review every aspect of the bike and my riding style for that matter. What I am most interested in is the histogram functions. I want to see how the suspension degrades over time/distance to see where I can preemptively tune.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I put that new Shorai into the 929. I'm pretty sure the gas in that tank is 2 years old. That bike hasn't been started in 2 years. It fired right up. Hell, it even sounded good. When it warms up, I'm going to drain the tank as best I can, fill it full of fresh gas, and go for a ride.

The nicest, most pristine 929 in known existence.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
blew up another sprocket holder on the Aprilia. if I had a dollar for every nut/bolt that vibrated itself loose

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
basically, there are 5 "bolts" that pinch the sprocket via a nut on the other side. they then slide into the cush drives and that's how power is delivered. apparently these nuts can work themselves loose, which creates slack and basically creates an effect similar to having loose lug nuts on a car wheel. eventually those bolts shear from the excessive force. it's apparently an issue with these bikes and I've only just now found a oem kit that was created to mitigate the problem. hopefully that works.

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts
basically, there are 5 "bolts" that pinch the sprocket via a nut on the other side. they then slide into the cush drives and that's how power is delivered. apparently these nuts can work themselves loose, which creates slack and basically creates an effect similar to having loose lug nuts on a car wheel. eventually those bolts shear from the excessive force. it's apparently an issue with these bikes and I've only just now found a oem kit that was created to mitigate the problem. hopefully that works.

The failure line plot looks more like embrittlement from cyclic induced fatigue to me, not shear.
An interesting check would be to measure the length of a used stud that has not failed, as compared to a new stud.

The main thing is, you have not be trashed, nor the bike trashed, by the failureS, and there is a factory fix.

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts
They are no longer bringing in a road version. It will still be available for track only use.
Same non road version as the Europeans are/going to be getting ?
Which per the Dec Roadracing World includes a "GYTR Kit".
I wonder how good a value that kit is, noting that some of its contents include programable ECU, lightweight wiring, full Ti' Akro' exhaust, race bodywork and 520 drive kit.

7261 - 7280 of 7310 Posts