Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 7401 Posts

·
919 aka Hornet 900
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this in case one day i'm looking for something to do for my bike and I have no motivation. A couple words with a picture or 2 might give someone the iniciative to start a new mod or even wash his or her bike.

·
919 aka Hornet 900
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start, today I installed my PCIII I got for my birthday. I noticed the difference, doesn't make the same growl when I hit the throttle hard at low RPM's.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I took it for a ride, and checked the tire pressure when I got home! :001_cool:

I should do that more often, I was down about 5lbs in front... in fact last sunday I was missing some air from the front, too. seems I may have picked up a small leak! :blink:

·
Super Moderator
11,209 Posts
All I did today was lube my chain, but I did it while I was riding it. :D

Washed it yesterday after a ride on Skyline Drive in Virginia:thumbup1:

·
Community Admin
4,396 Posts
Yesterday was oil and filter change day. And I ordered a Soundgate for the Goldwing last week and it should be here tomorrow. The Soundgate is direct connect interface for iPods and iPhones. It plugs into the factory CD player plug and allows you to use an iPod through the bike's audio system, and change songs, volume, etc with the controls on the left-side grip that are meant for the (optional) Honda CD changer. And the interface charges the Apple device and pauses music when switching to and from AM/FM or XM radio.

Should be an awesome addition for touring duty! :)

Attachments

Reactions: Mark61

·
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
3,802 Posts
I'll start, today I installed my PCIII I got for my birthday. I noticed the difference, doesn't make the same growl when I hit the throttle hard at low RPM's.
Nice! Maybe you'll be able to keep up with me now. :beehive: It may also help with your mileage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ummm Got board so stuck some pinstripe on the bike just to see what it looked like :bugeyes: Only had red here but would like to try yellow as well just to get an idea.... only took 20 min and will only take 1 min to tear off :innocent:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I installed my center stand (sorry no pics), it was a bit of a PITA but I really like it, I just wish I new why the instructions had me take the rear cowl off

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yesterday I made a bracket to mount my new Stebel horn. I'm discretely hanging it off one of the main stand mounts under the bike. Stealth - until I push the loud button!

Next up is to extend the stock horn wiring and run in under the tank down to the horn.

May as well change the water while the tank is up too.

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
Oil and filter. Cleaned up the scratches from last years astrovan encounter and painted. Installed new cowl from said encounter. Packed fresh grease into the rear bearings ran out of time for the fronts that's for tomorrow will get some pics tomorrow maybe. It's always dirty since I live quite a ways down gravel.

Oh yeah clean and lubed chain and put on a few coats of wax too. Need to remember to flip The PCIII back over before I leave out tomorrow or the frame will be deprogramming me as I ride. I use the rubber band deal under the seat to hole it in place. Putting a sticky note up on the monitor now to remind me and on the tread mill. I'm a forgetful idget especially in the morning.

·
yzarc mi os
883 Posts
Thought i better add a pic lol......
I like the wheels the rest I wold ditch. Just my honest opinion.

I know they make a reflective pin striping in red I [plan on putting on the wheels to make it more noticeable especially at night. Any one know w4ere to get said striping?

·
Allons-y!
864 Posts
Well, i washed the Shadow and the 919, diagonsed an electrical issue for the CB500T, and rode the C70 and oft neglected Super Cub. No love for the CB750 today.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I licked her. Then I rode her... hard.

·
Machine Head
1,168 Posts
I installed the mirrors that just arrived yesterday, they look very close to the z1000 mirrors for sale in the classified section.

·
STR-III
4,989 Posts
I rode her hard. I'm looking out the window and might go hop up on the rear tire, hang on to the grab rail, and hump the carbon out of the pipes.

·
Serial Monogamist
1,511 Posts
At 47K, the '03 919 was due for:

Oil and filter change.

Fresh Rubber (F/R) PR2's

Cleaned up the front calipers and replaced pads.

New rear wheel bearings(sprocket hub bearing was fine).

Replaced rear caliper(another story) and installed new pads.

Took it out Sunday for 311 mile day trip up through the Catskill Mountains.

Doc

1 - 20 of 7401 Posts