Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

What do you wear when you go on Rides?

• Leather's Head to Toe no matter what!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Textile or Mesh jacket, Riding pants, boots etc....

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Regular Jeans, Jacket, tennis shoes or boots.....

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Whatever I want....I just squid it!

Votes: 3 5.9%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't count for long hard type of riding. This is just to basically find out what you wear when doing reagular rides or group rides that are not very fast paced.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
LittleNinja said:
THis doesn't count for long hard type of riding. This is jsut to basically find out what you wear when doing reagular rides or group rides that are not very fast paced.

At the bare minimum, Mesh Jacket, padded jeans, Boots and Gloves. Most times, I ride in the Canyons, so I am in a Full Leather suit and all the other gear, including the back protector. After all my past accidents, I am a bit more cautious about my dangerous games now. I am always concerned that it is that one ride you think is gonna be a doozey that sends me back to Cedars-Sinai to say hi to my Orthopedic Surgeon again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Regular rides:
Jeans, leather jacket, leather gloves, boots it depends (ride in the country--riding boots) ride in the city--my platform chunky boots). I always wear my helmet, sunglasses

Balls to the wall rides: Full leathers, gloves, racing/riding boots, helmet, sunglasses

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Helmet, Gloves, Leather Jacket, Boots, Jeans. Minimum.

Unless I'm going to be on the interstate doing wheelies... Then it's flip flops, shorts, tank top, and bandana... Oakleys ofcourse.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Street riding - at the minimum textile denier 2 piece suit with hard armour, boots, gloves and helmet. Usually with a cambelbak also.

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
minimum: armoured textile/mesh jacket and pants, riding boots or armoured riding hightops, short riding gloves, helmet

serious riddes: armoured two piece suit, racing boots racing gloves, helmet

·
Enormous member
232 Posts
All y'all who are wearing jeans need to think about getting a set of Draggin' Jeans, or something similar. Jeans will not protect your arse at all if you wreck.

I don't throw a leg up without armoured textile pants and jacket, gloves, riding boots, and helmet. Skin grafts are no fun.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
ragdoll said:
Unless I'm going to be on the interstate doing wheelies... Then it's flip flops, shorts, tank top, and bandana... Oakleys ofcourse.
LOL

I have a cousin who rides just like that! You forgot about the backwards hat, though.

I don't leave without leather/mesh jacket, jeans, boots, gloves, helmet. For hardcore rides, I throw on the 1 piece leathers.

I need some real riding pants.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've seen him do this....he is a crazy wheelie rider!

·
Registered
417 Posts
ragdoll said:
say "WORD!"

But really I wear jeans, leather jacket, boots and Corsair on every ride. I zip the jacket if I'm going to the corner.

·
Registered
417 Posts
JohnC said:
All y'all who are wearing jeans need to think about getting a set of Draggin' Jeans, or something similar. Jeans will not protect your arse at all if you wreck.

I don't throw a leg up without armoured textile pants and jacket, gloves, riding boots, and helmet. Skin grafts are no fun.
Hmm. A bit clichéd, methinks.

Have you had a skin graft? Just asking. I have scars that would make most peeps **** their pants, and have never had a skin graft. I'm talking 5 months of bandages... :thumbdown:

Also, I've off'ed faster than 80mph twice and as fast as 115mph in jeans, on street and through the ditch, and can testify that the damage was minimal, with only one knee scrape scar out of 3 crashes. Denim holds up surprisingly well as long as you don't experience the "sudden stop".

Still good advice, but I like my jeans a little looser than Draggin'. (heavy Nautica winter jeans hold up really well during a slide)

·
Registered
417 Posts
LittleNinja, you said "long hard" uh huhhh huhuh huhuh huhuh uhuh uhuhh.

RSixxy, you don't have balls, so are you taking other guys "balls to the wall"? If so, I'd like to NOT ride with you on those types of rides... :D

It's that damn Mash House Natural Blonde again...

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
Hmm. A bit clichéd, methinks.

Also, I've off'ed faster than 80mph twice and as fast as 115mph in jeans, on street and through the ditch, and can testify that the damage was minimal, with only one knee scrape scar out of 3 crashes.
Darn good thing you are a metallic Carrot! :lol:

G

·
Helmet gloves riding boots textile or mesh or leathers, icon jeans or leather pant depending on the ride now if me and littleninja are riding to the beach then it's just a thong!:001_tt2:

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gixxer1k said:
Helmet gloves riding boots textile or mesh or leathers, icon jeans or leather pant depending on the ride now if me and littleninja are riding to the beach then it's just a thong!:001_tt2:
LOL! :001_tt1:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.