Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen the news about the incredible dust storms in northern China originating in the Gobi desert. They also talked about the poor farming practice in China creating further deserts.

Though I do a great deal of foreign business and China being my largest source. I'm getting tired of the world and even so many in the US bashing the US for so many things.

China is a country of 1.3B with the worst pollution, becoming the second highest consumer of petroleum, poor mining practices, poor nuclear regulations, let's not talk about humanitarian issues, etc! Why don't these f'in tree huggers get there a$$es over seas?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Not nice dadogs, some of the Chinese members on this site might get offended by that like me!! Actually I'm only half offended cause I'm only half Chinese.............

Neither can I comment on what was posted as I don't know enough to make an opinion one way or another.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
SportyChick said:
Not nice dadogs, some of the Chinese members on this site might get offended by that like me!! Actually I'm only half offended cause I'm only half Chinese.............

Neither can I comment on what was posted as I don't know enough to make an opinion one way or another.
REDBERRY!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I have no problem with Chinese as people I'm not predjudiced against anyone for that matter so I apologize if any offense was taken.

What I do have a problem with is the oppresive Chinese government. Their goal is regional hegemon with further aspirations of world dominence.

Few doubt that China is now a great power. China's population and land are huge, and its geopolitical location means that no part of Asia- northeast, southeast, south, central and northern is without a Chinese presence or interest. The robust Chinese economy, not Japan's, which remains mired in economic doldrums is the engine of Asia's economic growth. China's defense
establishment, although far from the most modernization of its air, naval, and ground forces. Although India and Pakistan weaponized their nuclear programs in 1998, China holds Asia's only operational combination of strategic, regional and possibly tatical nuclear weopons, and these systems are also in the midst of modernization programs.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
dadogs said:
I have no problem with Chinese as people I'm not predjudiced against anyone for that matter so I apologize if any offense was taken.

What I do have a problem with is the oppresive Chinese government. Their goal is regional hegemon with further aspirations of world dominence.
dadogs, no offense was taken! Takes a lot for me to be offended or even come close to being pissed off!

As for the Chinese government, I watched this show the other night on everything that happened back in 1984 at Tiananmen Square. It made my stomach turn and totally frustrated me that the Chinese government would do that to their own people.

Then they interviewed Chinese students today and showed them pictures of Tiananmen Square and they had no idea what it was all about. It was only over 20 years ago and it was a major event that the rest of the world watched as well. Everyone else outside of China knows about this event yet the students in China have no idea what happened in their own country. That is a seriously oppresive government working over-time..........

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
SportyChick said:
dadogs, no offense was taken! Takes a lot for me to be offended or even come close to being pissed off!

As for the Chinese government, I watched this show the other night on everything that happened back in 1984 at Tiananmen Square. It made my stomach turn and totally frustrated me that the Chinese government would do that to their own people.

Then they interviewed Chinese students today and showed them pictures of Tiananmen Square and they had no idea what it was all about. It was only over 20 years ago and it was a major event that the rest of the world watched as well. Everyone else outside of China knows about this event yet the students in China have no idea what happened in their own country. That is a seriously oppresive government working over-time..........

No young people remember because of mass cross-cultural brain washing at a young age...

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
If you go to yahoo images and search "Tiananmen" you get the pictures of that whole tank/man thing.

If you go to Yahoo images on the chinese Yahoo, it shoes flower beds and buildings. Ha.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Danke said:
Holy crap I hadn't even heard of that!
Well the Chinese can BITE ME!

We've been trying to launch BlackBerry there forever but as ragdoll proved, there is stringent laws enforced by the Chinese Government what the Chinese people can send and see. So it's been a uphill battle with them trying to get them to agree to launching BlackBerry without infringing on any of their laws. They didn't want anything going to the BlackBerrys that shouldn't be, they want control on everything.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
So are you Chineese or Canadian fercrissakes!?

They are some seriously whacked peoples!

And it amazes me that all these other countries complain about the US...

I think it was China the other night on 60 minutes that had the population issue with so many more males than felmales... something like 20% more males in their late teens and early 20's... all stemming from the 1 child law. Well now that they have all these males looking to get married and start families... no females to do it with! Experts say the country is in for a tailspin with crime and other social issues stemming from this issue. They are already starting to see girls kidnapped for marriage, etc... and yet the governement is still allowing 12,000 adoptions a year of females to US and Euro countries! The people still see males as the dominate choice for offspring!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
midwest said:
So are you Chineese or Canadian fercrissakes!?
Jebus potty mouth, go eat some damn soap!
I'm a screwed up half breed (british/chinese) with both Canadian and British citizenship so I don't even frickin' know what I am!

I actually know 2 couples that have adopted female Chinese babies. They had to go over there and pick them up, it's not cheap either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here are the problems:

1) Communist country practicing capitalism.

2) Zero human rights.

3) Capitalist countries that want in on the action at any price.

4) The freeworld cant compete with 1 Billion Chinese in slave labour wage cities.

5) Piracy of everything.

6) No standards for anything including pollutants that blow West to America.

7) Sucking sound around the world for resources, you name it they want it.

8) Messing around in Latin American countries that are voting left, Chavez and Venezuela is a good example. But Bolivia, Peru and Chile will join the act.

9) Do nothing attitude with North Korea, Iran etc..

10) Undervalued currency and they hold 'weigh' too much in U.S. securities, they dump it and you can kiss the dollar good bye on the way to out of control inflation.

I dont know sometimes I get sick listening to Lou Dobbs but the RedTide is coming ! The FreeWorld exists only in America, the Republicans regrettably lost their way and will lose the House no put intended.

Trunorth
'06Gix750

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You know why everyone complains about the US? They put up with it! At least in America it is legal to point out the corruption, greed, and scandal in the government. I'll complain as much as I want about the US because I'm not going to get arrested for it.

China on the other hand...well, a lot of people are just too scared to say anything about the country with the world's largest army (not to mention the world's largest work force, world's largest consumer base, world's largest blahblahblah, etc. etc.). Lots of people, corrupt government with aspirations of total control over the people. Getting things changed in that kind of political climate is a little tricky.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Trunorth said:
Here are the problems:

10) Undervalued currency and they hold 'weigh' too much in U.S. securities, they dump it and you can kiss the dollar good bye on the way to out of control inflation.

Trunorth
'06Gix750

Actually Germany and Japan are the largest holders of American fixed income debt, but that's besides the point.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dadogs said:
Actually Germany and Japan are the largest holders of American fixed income debt, but that's besides the point.
I thought Great Britain was,with Japan and Germany coming in a close 2nd and 3rd.

China has had greater than 10% GNP growth for the past 8 years. WTF!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
RC51_CBRXX said:
I thought Great Britain was,with Japan and Germany coming in a close 2nd and 3rd.

China has had greater than 10% GNP growth for the past 8 years. WTF!

We were both off......here is the listing

Japan
United Kingdom
Caribbean Banking Centers
OPEC
Taiwan
Korea
Germany
Canada
Hong Kong
Norway
Luxembourg
Mexico
Switzerland
Brazil
France
Singapore
Turkey
Sweden
Belgium
Italy
Thailand
Ireland
India
Poland
Netherlands
Israel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.