Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with wearing proper gear. I even outfitted my daughter and son (6 and 3 1/2) before they even got their PW50', but man those were some gnarly pics JB:eek:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I think I threw up in my mouth a little. I've talked to the guys at my local Sportland and they said a whole ton of kids who get 600 supersports for their first bike wreck them. They had 7 totalled 600RRs last summer, not to mention the liter class or other middleweights.

Thanks for the sobering pics, jetblast

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
I "almost" always ride w/ gear...

first time i ever removed my gear on the way home (5 miles from home) stopped at a gas station, took off the gloves...had a lowspeed wipeout on the way home and skinned my palms....stupid is as stupid does

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seen those before on .net... they still make my stomach curl. I never get on the bike without helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and riding jeans. I won't want anyone scrapping me off the floor.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm always wearing thick jeans and my leather jacket. I always wonder if it's enough gear. I'm chill now, don't like the full leather hassle for street riding.

It's difficult to know how much gear to wear. Hmm, I did twist my ankle stepping off my bike at 85mph, wearing hiking boots. That was a bad plan.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
Hmm, I did twist my ankle stepping off my bike at 85mph, wearing hiking boots. That was a bad plan.
Uhhhhhhhhhh, you could say that!:eek:

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
I should have taken a pix of my thigh when I had my low speed low slide....nice bruise to say the least.

That was just with jeans and thermals...not that leathers would have helped...maybe something with padding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts