Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Manhattan. Saw my 1st rider down this season, a Vulcan. Only about 45 degrees today. He was already down being attended to by EMS and police. It looked like someone was backing out and the biker paniced and ended up on the other side of the road.

His riding gear. A flannel shirt, jeans, and no F'N helmet!!

G

·
natural selection aint it. darwinism at it's best.

too dumb to protect their brain against modern traffic and drivers, too dumb to live long.

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Probably had one of those little bowls sitting on his head not even strapped on...sure it flew off in the accident.

Amazing the police don't enforce the REAL helmet laws....the one that requires a DOT helmet...might keep some of these idiot Harley riders out of the hospital and out of our wallets.
JohnnyB

G

·
I was out all this weekend, got a good 13 hours in. Just about everyone else had the same idea. I bet you, I saw three other riders wearing helmets, out of 60. And one was my buddy I was riding with. It was horrible..

G

·
I really can't understand why Americans in particular seem to love going without their lids.

Here it's so rare that I've never seen it on the road, just at walking pace in car-parks, and on perimeter tracks at race circuits.
there's only a handful who do it and are public about it, and do it in defiance of the law to try and say it's their choice but nearly everyone thinks they're nuts and want nothing to do with them.

more's the point, if a copper spots you without a lid it's an instant pull, fine and possible court appearance.

seriously ingrained into the mentality to wear a lid at all times of motion on 2 wheels...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thing is in 45 degree weather..how on earth can no one wear a lid while riding a motorcycle? The cold alone would freeze your brain!

When it comes summer time down here and I ride, I have people (cagers) ask at a stop light..."aren't you hot in that helmet and leather jacket?" I tell them only at stop lights for a few minutes then I am fine, sweat washes off but road rash doesn't :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Motohead said:
Helmet and leathers?! Hell I ride in a yellow thong...
gadzooks!! What is with the tampa riders and wearing thongs???? LOL arghhhhh

·
Registered
465 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
Hmmm..... so.... what color are your's then? :huh:
I meant the male folk from Tampa..my bad! LOL I plead the 5th on your question:innocent:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
It's okay... you can just pm me :innocent: I won't tell anyone... promise.:taz:
WIM, did I mention I have a bottle of Saki here w/ your name on it :whistling:

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
h_ryder said:
WIM, did I mention I have a bottle of Saki here w/ your name on it :whistling:

Yes... but is it Tibetan Monk Saki ?!?! I think not, it is only I that can acquire this. But... nonetheless, tell me more about this Saki...

·
Registered
465 Posts
all this talk about saki is making me hungry for sushi...umm yummy!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.