Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I apologize in advance for this thread. It is off topic - and nothing to with bikes. This is primarily to do with my experience with Sprint PCS.

I have been with Sprint for over 8 years now, and I have to say, I am either a glutton for punishment or I practice blind loyalty to a corporate entity.

Last year, my Sprint PCS Phone eventually gave up the Ghost, dying completely on me. I tried to get a new phone, only to be informed that I did not qualify for any of the Special Deals or discounts on phones. After eight years of loyalty, I was run around the mill. Going from one store to the other being told different things. All I wanted was to get a new phone. Then, I was told only NEW customers could get discounts on phones. So... I argued that it was ridiculous to offer discounts only to new customers, and that it was like punishing loyal clients. So... was I deemed an idiot for using Sprint service all these years?

I fought and fought and eventually got to speak to the President / CEO's office last year March. Please realize everyone, that Sprint is a Public Company and such there is quite a ton of information that has to be disclosed. After threatening to call Sprint everyday - they finanlly put me through to the Executive Resolutions Team. This is a group of people that deal with the highest levels of escalated complaints. Very few people know about this team... you are not supposed to know they exist.

Anyway, thanks to a pro-active gentleman there, I got a new phone, at the same discount as a new customer. But guess what - I HAD TO SIGN A NEW CONTRACT for TWO YEARS.

So, here we are in March 2006, almost a year to the date I got my phone, the darn thing is broken! Failed, cheap plastic - Thanks Sanyo. And here we go again, I need to sign a new contract to get $150 discount off my new phone, and yet, I have given these jokers 9 years worth of service agreements.

Here is an interesting fact: Sprint has the highest attrition numbers of all carriers in the US. In other words, Sprint is the losing the most customers of any carrier. Ever since the Law was enacted where you can move your number, there has been an Exodus of customers to primarily Cingular. I would like to be your Moses and lead my people out of Eygpt (Sprint PCS). If you are having problems with Sprint - let me know.

If there is a strong response to the thread, I will publish names, and numbers of who to contact, where and what to ask for and how to fight this silly juggernaut. They pissed of the wrong Saki Drinker... I mean Customer.

They Drew First Blood!

:gunsmilie:

·
Banned
621 Posts
DUDE, I AM HEARIN' YA LOUD AND CLEAR!!!! I too have been with Sprint for about 6 or so years and they are the WORST for customer service. They put bogus charges on your bill and YOU have to spend HOURS on the phone trying to get these charges off. We had 'package deals' which ended up being more expensive than if we had just ordered a certain service by itself! They had sent my wifes' bills to a wrong address further south in Florida and then cut her service when they didn't get paid. I could go on and on about the horror stories, but the point is clear: DO NOT GET SPRINT!!!!!

My best friend from college lives in Atlanta and just came to visit a couple of weeks ago. He works in corporate for Verizon and confirmed the same; it's well known in the industry that Sprint sucks big-time. He's getting ready to hook my wife and I up with free service in return for advertising on my plane. And we get to take our numbers with us, yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Frazer said:
DUDE, I AM HEARIN' YA LOUD AND CLEAR!!!! I too have been with Sprint for about 6 or so years and they are the WORST for customer service. They put bogus charges on your bill and YOU have to spend HOURS on the phone trying to get these charges off. We had 'package deals' which ended up being more expensive than if we had just ordered a certain service by itself! They had sent my wifes' bills to a wrong address further south in Florida and then cut her service when they didn't get paid. I could go on and on about the horror stories, but the point is clear: DO NOT GET SPRINT!!!!!

My best friend from college lives in Atlanta and just came to visit a couple of weeks ago. He works in corporate for Verizon and confirmed the same; it's well known in the industry that Sprint sucks big-time. He's getting ready to hook my wife and I up with free service in return for advertising on my plane. And we get to take our numbers with us, yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!
Bob - Sprint is just unbelievable. Did you know that about 4 Plus years ago, they had to settle a Class Action lawsuit to the tune of over $20 million for the same kind of nonsense? Anyway, like I said, depending on the level of responses, I will publish steps on how to get to their executive offices and lodge your complaints.

WIM

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I've always had a keen sense to avoid Sprint like the plague. With such an iffy service area and such crappy phones. No way. But I have had the opportunity to hear what friends and co-workers have to say about Sprint. Everyone says they are a joke. Service areas split up, must be in big city for it to work correctly, phones break constantly... on and on.

Cell carriers as a whole, don't look at loyalty, they look at fresh meat. They only target people that could sign with them and don't care much if you are already signed up. Most, if not all carriers will not give you a discount on a phone if you break it mid contract. They will either a) tell you to pay full price for a new phone b) make you extend your contract or c) say "ha, should have gotten the insurance plan"

Not that it matters to most, but I use U.S. Cellular. I have never had a problem anywhere for service, ever. And I travel all over the country for work with mine.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Sprint customer for 5+yrs. Their reception area sucks.
Planning on going to Verizon once contract is up in Nov.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Interesting to hear since we work with all major carriers in the US.
I didn't know that Sprint was so bad, I myself could tell you horror stories of dealing with carriers but at a different level, not the customer level.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny. Talk about medicine after death. I just got a call from Sprint's Executive offices.

They were sorry to see that I had decided to change carriers. They claim they were bending over backwards for me. And I am like, "Yeah, medicine after death."

So, I told the lady it was like being married for ten years and then you get into one big fight and your spouse says, "Let me take four days to see if our marriage is worth me bending over backwards." I would leave the first day.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Save your self the heartache and buy your own phone without a contract. It's cheaper in the long run and much less aggrevation. As you have already found out, they don't care about you. Phones are $50 while their cancellation fees are @ $175.

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
I have been with Cingular for 5 years, and to be quite honest, they have improved their level of service and coverage area since I started with them. Granted, I only use about 2-300 of my 10k rolled over minutes, but every time I have had to use the phone, the service didn't fail me. I have had Motorola phones, and as long as you go with the higher end of their product line, the features and quality is above par. I can't say much for the customer service(as I don't use it), but as with any corporate structure, CS is almost always an afterthought. I would be curious as to somebody else's satisfaction level with Suncom. I have heard decent things, and I like some of their strategy, but I don't know if they have the artillery to battle with Verizon & Cingular.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I am currently waiting for all my office lines to expire the 2yr aggreements.. and then I am going to start looking.

US Cellular right now.

I have really 1 complaint I plan to rectify with the new carrier.

You want me to sign a 2yr aggreement... then give me a phone with a 2yr warranty! If not... suck on the end of my..........

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
midwest said:
I am currently waiting for all my office lines to expire the 2yr aggreements.. and then I am going to start looking.

US Cellular right now.

I have really 1 complaint I plan to rectify with the new carrier.

You want me to sign a 2yr aggreement... then give me a phone with a 2yr warranty! If not... suck on the end of my..........
I agree, but there answer would be, "Sir, apart from the fact that our mouths are not big enough, we do offer an extended warranty."

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
At least where I'm at, Sprint's coverage (not the footprint, the coverage) sucks big donkey.

Verizon has been pretty good to me over the years. And almost everybody I know has it, so my "V to V" calls dont count against my minutes.......

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Power of Words And Internet

WOW!

I am surprised here. I got a call from the Executive offices of Sprint this morning, and spoke to the person in charge of their Regulatory Affairs and Consumer issues.

I explained to her that I could no longer wait for Sprint to sort things out and this is why I was leaving. I explained what was happening to their market share, and what the other carriers were doing.

So, I ended the conversation by saying that I am throwing down the gauntlet to Sprint to see just how much they value their customers. I dared them to waive the $150.00 fee for early termination of my contract - I said that would be a final act of goodwill from Sprint and would at least make me respect that some people in the organization cared. I also said I dared them to actually come back with an offer to bring me back.

Lo and behold, they just called me back from the President's office. They are waiving my fees, they are also going to send me a box to return my phone and maybe get credited for this and for the to review the phone and it's flaws. And they might contacting to see if they can woo me back.

I must say, I am impressed. Though these are single acts of a limited number of individuals, I hope it means their senior executive management is listening.

wim.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Traitor!!! :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sprint with Nextel sucks the big one! I have T-Mobile have had them since 1999 and have never looked at another company..all the phones I had too are a Samsung--I can tell you I have dropped those phones on pavement, down 3 flights of staris, asphalt and they still keep on ticking!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Everyone's cust serv sucks, buying an unlocked phone from ebay or overseas is the way to go. That way you can put a sim card from any carrier in it.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Luckily Sprint coverage in my area sucks donkey pucks. Never had to use them. All the mobile services suck!

Unfortunetly, I'm locked into Cingular. They are the only ones that allow global rooming and discounted international calling. Well, when I signed my latest contract about a year ago with all the international service fees ($3.99-$4.99 each, South America, Europe, China, Australia, etc.). With the service you are paying anywhere from $0.09 - $0.21 a minute compared to $2.19 or more a minute.

Well, young dumb girl didn't put in all the proper codes. My accountant pays the bills and I don't see any of them. A few months ago, my accountant tells me I'm averaging over $2000 a month!! I'm WTF!! We call Cingular, tell them the story, I have all the proper contracts and codes. Well, they tell us they can only adjust for the last 3-months and not the entire 9-months!! Still waiting for the Executive CSR to call back. After the adjustment, my average is only $300 a month. I'd say a huge difference. So, due to their error. I'm out about $9000 right now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts