Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a.k.a. Macgruber
2,194 Posts
A number of things crossed my mind while watching that first one...

1). Given the fact that I grew up a farm boy in the middle of corn country, I can't stand country music :thumbdown:
...but that particular tune was kinda catchy. Maybe it's 'cause I'm older & more open to new things.

2). At certain points in the video I kept thinking... "that dude looks like Luke Wilson - it's Mitch from Old School!!"

3). I've only flown once before with a guitar, I took a $300 (at most) Celebrity in a nice sturdy $100 molded travel case all the way to Jamaica & back - no issues.
But I sure don't think I'd trust the airlines with a Taylor in a factory-fit standard carrying case.
That's quite an investment to trust that it won't get crushed.

4). Man, I'll be United is mad at this guy. :pinch:

·
Registered
409 Posts
glad it wasnt us.... WE *(AA) actually carry them by hand on little pillows to and from the connecting flights..... :yes:.. :angel:
:fullofcrap:
I flew once with AA and they lost my luggage. 2 days later I get a phone call saying they found my luggage and will deliver it right to my house. I thought cool, that's nice of them. I get home and sure enough there is something on the front porch. It's a big heavy duty garbage bag. Inside is my soft luggage...ripped to shreds like a den of tigers was playing handball with it. Not a thing inside of it was good. Yeah I finally got reimbursed for most of it.

·
STR-III
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I sure don't think I'd trust the airlines with a Taylor in a factory-fit standard carrying case.
That's quite an investment to trust that it won't get crushed.
Couldn't agree more. My Taylor fits okay in the factory case, but it isn't real tight. I definitely wouldn't fly with it like that. I might stuff some microfiber towels in there to make a better fit then fly with it.

Either way, if they seriously were throwing them, someone should lose their job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts