Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fit a center stand on my 919 AKA CB900F AKA Hornet (2005.)

Finding several "RE-CRAFT" brand center stands on Ebay. Are they any good? Anybody have one?

Prices seem decent. I can't seem to find the SW Motech version in the USA, although apparently I can buy one from Germany for 190 Euro (roughly $225 US) plus shipping.

Re-Craft stand is substantially less, so I'm wondering if I should be wary. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

·
McTavish
6,259 Posts
Trying to fit a center stand on my 919 AKA CB900F AKA Hornet (2005.)

Finding several "RE-CRAFT" brand center stands on Ebay. Are they any good? Anybody have one?

Prices seem decent. I can't seem to find the SW Motech version in the USA, although apparently I can buy one from Germany for 190 Euro (roughly $225 US) plus shipping.

Re-Craft stand is substantially less, so I'm wondering if I should be wary. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks!
I'd never heard of them before.
Found a website with a 919 specific stand image.
It appears to be a lighter construction, but one would assume adequate for holding up at least a bare bike, with some margin of safely remaining.
Not lost on me is that it is a three cross beam design, instead of the OEM two beam that has a heavily gusseted bottom cross beam.
My guess is that the overall construction has been lightened up, and the third beam is easier and less costly than a heavily gusseted two beam.
I couldn't find any 919 specific reviews.
Seeing as it's Euro' in origin, suggested is you checking out some relevant Euro sites and going from there.
Certainly worth investigating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I decided to go ahead and order one. I don't like having a bike without a center stand, especially a chain driven bike. eBay says delivery some time mid April to early May, so I'll post up here when it comes in and let you all know how it goes. BTW I'm looking at a rear cargo shelf from the same company, seems like a good price at $89US vs over $200 for the SW Motech version.

Reactions: mcromo44

·
I'm THAT Guy
49 Posts
I have the Recraft luggage rack on my 919. I had to bend it outwards just a hair to get the bolt holes to line up properly, but it's solid construction. Granted, a luggage rack is different than a center stand, but I've only ever heard good things about Recraft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm...well, disregard my previous post. The eBay seller cancelled my order! I went ahead and ordered an SW Motech stand from TwistedThrottle.com. They are currently back ordered but supposed to be in by April or May.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts