Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Serial Monogamist
1,511 Posts
Ouch!
We had one like that in Jersey a few years ago along the Delaware River. A Turkey Vulture feeding on a carcass on the side of the road was surprised by a Ducati Rider and it flew up into his face. The bike ran off the road and the rider died.
One more critter to think about when we are in the saddle.:eek:

Doc

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
They should slap all these youtube videos together and run them on TV, so the ignorant would get some gear.
+1! A guy I work with went down a few weeks ago, in spring and fall he wore a proper riding jacket and full face helmet. Well, it was HOT and he had a flannel and one of those "German" looking skid lids on and he went down. Three fractured vertebrae and ALLOT of rash, landed under the front wheel of a van.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I experienced the same frusteration. However, if you play it in Hi Def you can see at the very end the downed rider is walking about in the ditch searching for his bike. Looks like he was wearing full gear, and came out fine. Also within the youtube commentary he seems to indicate he was fine too. In the earlier portion of the video it appears that the turkey did NOT come out fine.

I had a coworker hit a turkey hard enough to leave blood and feathers all over his truck, and the turkey got up and flew away after wards. Turkeys have got the be the toughest thing with wings...

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I did see that. I want to see more, lol.

It's just like all those stupid stunt crash vids. They cut it off when half the entertainment would be to see the, "omg, that have I done" moment as they survey the damage.

·
The chill Moderator
3,304 Posts
Damn turkeys. I hated then when I worked at Cheyenne Mountain AFS. Two fucking gaggles and all their chicks. The Toms would bow up to you whether you were in a car on on the bike. You just stopped and let them go on their way.

Now the bears........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts