Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these things? I really like what I read about them. I haven't ever riden one before, are they all that and a bag of boobs?

Booyah.

Anyone here own one or has anyone riden one atleast?

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
I think the local dealer here at the beach is getting one in stock today and hondaf4iguy is going down there to check it out. He's good buddies with the guys that run the store and is gonna try and sneak a ride out of it...

What say you Mikey?

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
I am leaving work at 2 to go check it out. My helmet and gloves are in the car, just in case. I brought a camera, because someone on 600rr.net asked me to take pictures in regular lighting, not showroom lighting or factory lighting. I will definitely let everyone know what I think about it.

Good news about Triumph. All bikes have a 2yr unlimited mile warranty. I have friends with the TT600, Daytona 600 and Daytona 650. The bike has gotten better each time. I can only imagine it is at its best now.

For reference, the Daytona 600 had more pep than my F4i, but not quite up to the RR when going full bore.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I can't wait to hear about the ride. I looooove the new 675. Gorgeous bike. If I had the cash, I'd love to get one for a track bike.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet deal. I'm anxious to see what you say. I might be in the market if I really like it.

No, I won't sell the RC, don't ask for it. :D

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
I did not get to test ride it, so the review is based on looks and showroom feel.

The bad news....
1) the upload cable to the camera is at the GFs. I will have pictures up by tomorrow.
2) no chance for a test ride. But I did get to fire it up and play with it in the shop.

The review...
1) From a distance, It looks completely bad ass.
2) Up close, it still looks bad ass!
3) Took it off the stand for ergo feel. It was extremely light to take off the stand. Ergos are not too extreme. More comfy than the RC
4) The seat is 1/2 step more comfy than a Honda.
5) Did I mention Bad Ass?
6) It has a gear indicator built into the speedo.
7) Lots of room for adjustment in the chain tensioner. I mean a lit of room.
8) The frame is super narrow. One less piston went a long way here.
9) The upper triple is similar to the intrinsic in look. Nice!
10) The headlight has "eye brow" lights
11) the passenger seat, about a 1/2 step nice than the RR.
12) Radial brakes feel and look nice. (however, since I did not test ride, feel is entirely objective)
13) the snorkel is menacing looking. Can you tell I think it is hot?
14) She wheels look nice as well. Not your typical three spoke. (will have pictures)
15) Tail section is narrow. Looks good compared to the rest of the bike.
16) Fairly tall seat height.
17) pictures do not do it justice.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More comfortable than an RC? You could do that with a stone seat.

I never even thought about the narrow dimensions with the missing cylinder. Nice. That's one thing I like about the RC fiddy.

I saw those wheels on their website, really like em. 5 spoke like the RC(once again). 3 spoke wheels are oogly and played out. Makes me always think of a Ford Probe and those nasty 3 spokes they tossed on those piles.

Did you happen to see if the shift light is adjustable?

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
I did not mess with it. So I did not notice.

I was kinda like a kid when i fired it up. I totally forgot everything for a moment. It whines much like the speed triple (that is a good sound BTW). Just enought off a growl to let you know it is serious. If this thing rides half as nice as it looks, watch out. This could be an evil street machine. As for the track, my buddy has on on order and we are doing several track days this summer together.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
I did not ride the bike. However, I did fire it up and shift it a bit ont he stand. There was not clunk when shifting into gear and everything seemed to snap right into place. Of course, it means little, but everything felt right.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
yes, but....

It is one line from master cylinder to right front caliper and then another line arches over the fender to the other caliper. They did this on the Daytona 600/650 as well.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,674 Posts
That's a nice report honda4figuy!

I read the first article on theat bike and really got charged up about it. This info only boosts my enthusiasm. A triple mill sounds just tits both figuritively and literally. I could see that bike as being my very first English steed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It has all the right ingredients, 3 cylinder gives you a narrow motor, 675 cc gives you the added punch, Honda 600RR styling and available aftermarket Arrow exhaust that takes 13 lbs right off the bat. But it is an English bike so lets wait for the reports before we provide 5 stars and two thumbs up.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,674 Posts
Anyone besides me notice that in pic11 the plate holder/ light tree doesn't seem to line up dead center on the rear skin?

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep. Doesn't it look like the swingarm is closer to the wheel on the right, than on the left?

Ever notice that one of the pipes on the RC-51 is closer to the tail section in stock form? I think it's the right one.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep. Doesn't it look like the swingarm is closer to the wheel on the right, than on the left?

Ever notice that one of the pipes on the RC-51 is closer to the tail section in stock form? I think it's the right one. No one's perfect.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts