Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused1: Hi all, Greetings from sunny NSW Australia. I have been surfing your site for a while, trolling for information and a laugh.
Finally decided to join when RatDog_D had a dummy spit. This is the type of place I want to be, as I'm not known for my sensitivity, but I love fair treatment being handed out when warranted.
Great site with information ranging from the bleeding obvious to advanced brain surgery for beginners. The combined wealth of knowledge is a great resource to the benfit of all.

Enough pissing in your pockets.

I am approaching 60 young years and got back into motorcycles after a 20 year break. After the kids got old enough to fend for themselves, but would not move out, decided to buy a Triumph Sprint and came home with a new 2006 red 900 Hornet (aka 919). If you have had a big break from bikes you appreciate how good the hornet is for the price comparred to some of the older street rockets I used to ride. Great bike for advanced beginners with old backs and arthritic hands and slower reflexes. I have had it on Eastern Creek raceway and it will do 240klm/hr indicated down the hill on the main straight in the advanced class I did to get my abilities back up to survival catagory.

Cheers
Thanks for having me.
Rodger

·
Cat Herder
1,788 Posts
Welcome, you should fit right in with all the other gray hairs around here:laughing4-giggles:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still not sure what a dummy spit is.
OK I can see that I am going to have to explain some of the Aussie version of the common language we almost share.

dummy = baby pacifier :001_huh:

A baby spits out it's pacifier just prior to throwing a tantrum so it can scream louder and get it's own way.

·
Super Moderator
11,226 Posts
OK I can see that I am going to have to explain some of the Aussie version of the common language we almost share.

A baby spits out it's pacifier just prior to throwing a tantrum so it can scream louder and get it's own way.

In the U.S. a "dummy spit" is a blonde with a gag reflex :whistling:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello and welcome Rodger, I hope you haven't been attacked by any drop bears lately!

It is well known that drop bears only attack good looking female backpackers, thereby requiring assistance from the brave local males who are willing to share their tents over night to prevent unprovoked attacks.

·
Bacon-powered
574 Posts

:laughing4-giggles:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts