Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's talk about SOMETHING.

I'll start us off, I choose the subject of... washing machines.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ha! spoiler button didnt work! (no one else knows because now he changed it)

I like my frontload washer...saves me money on water bills.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
ragdoll said:
Let's talk about SOMETHING.

I'll start us off, I choose the subject of... washing machines.

Mine puked over the w/e!!!! I have it ripped to pieces just to replace the lid switch. Great topic to pick.....:gun_bandana:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
jetblast10 said:
still have no idea why the integrated washer dryer in one unit never really caught on.

Too tall for the girls to sit on:stuart:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jetblast10 said:
still have no idea why the integrated washer dryer in one unit never really caught on.
I always wondered that too... seemed like a good idea. Good timing on this thread for dadogs

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
jetblast10 said:
Great for single people or a couple. With kids, as you will learn quickly, you will be doing 3-4 loads a day. Much quicker with separate units.

Love my Whirlpool Duet. But, has had 4-service calls in the last 2-yrs. The latest a few weeks ago was the main bearing and associated parts, including stainless basket and tub. The service guy tells me the parts are on back order 'til 15Apr. The Whirlpool Customer Service says, 03May or a 20% buy back. I tell both unacceptable and I will need to talk with Whirlpool's President.:tank: The customer service agent laughs and she says go ahead! I get her name call my friend at Whirlpool, tell him the story, talk about competition and tell him pull the parts off the line or third party ship from the supplier! It's not like I bought the bargain washer, it's their top of the line! I had the back ordered parts "next day UPS" to my door and a follow-up apology phone call the next day from the VP of cstomer service and the service guy out the next day. Networking and understanding business operations is wonderful!:w00t:

Also, if you don't mind the mix-match, don't buy the Duet matching dryer. Buy the Ultimate Care Series. Higher capacity, more efficient, and 40% cheaper. It's their commercial line inners made for residential.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
jetblast10 said:
Also, Bosch makes the best in the industry right now.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put non HE detergent in my washer a month or so ago and then did a large wash with warm water. HA! Suds lock, what a whore to get that drained out. I bought the Kenmore HE2 front load jobby... forgot for a moment that you have to use the HE stuff in those things, and I grabbed the old jub of deTURDgent.

I just wanted to say turd.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, that subject sucks... next...

What are your thoughts on...uh... dryers? No wait... Dry ice!

Yeah... A.D.D. is awesome.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want some American built shop tools cause I'm not interested in seeing China 'Emerge'. Sears?....NO! Harbor Freight...I guessed no before ever looking. What is a mother to do? I want a 6 foot drill press and an 8 inch grinder with stand. I'll pay extra, I swear( cross my heart swearing, Chaplain)

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
I should've been clearer. I didn't mean a small stackable, I meant one machine, full size capacity, load the clothes hit the button and an hour and a half later you have washed and dried clothes ready to fold. An all in one unit.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jetblast10 said:
I should've been clearer. I didn't mean a small stackable, I meant one machine, full size capacity, load the clothes hit the button and an hour and a half later you have washed and dried clothes ready to fold. An all in one unit.
I know what you meant, Like this...

More on the matching washer and dryer thing. I did the non matching dryer and when they put it in, it didn't fit. So I ended up buying the matching dryer to fit. They are a rip off. Although now it looks pretty in a pair. :mad:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Oh that's so what I need. A little pricey though. Might have to consider the smallest of those. The extra price over getting one of the stacked sets would totally be justified by the extra freedom of location.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, speaking from experience... getting a decent matching set of front load washer and dryer will end up costing about that... maybe a little less I suppose, but think of the space saved. The only thing is what was said earlier about having many loads, you'd have to wait longer between getting them done.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
:blush:Grown men and stackable laundry appliances. Can't wait to get home to my new Shark vaccum.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.