Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

What do you think about tolls for motorcyclists?

• We should pay the same amount as cars

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • We should pay a lessor amount than cars

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • We shouldn't pay anything

Votes: 11 37.9%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of motorcyclists paying tolls?

I have wrote to our toll system here in Florida indicating that I think we should not have to pay the same amount. Our bikes weigh so much less than a vehicle and don't do the damage that 4 or more wheeled vehicles create. To this day I haven't received an answer back from them.

What do you guys/girls think?

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I vote free. Tired of paying for anything......yes got up on the wrong side of bed...:censored:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
turn_1 said:
Your still using the road and someone has to pay for it...I vote pay the same.
Yes and no. Part of what you pay for in tolls goes into road maintenance. You'd have a hard time making me believe that motorcycles cause more damage to a road than a cage. I do think we should pay something, just not equal.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Part of what you pay for in tolls goes into road maintenance.
Keyword...Part. I realize our bikes dont wreck the road like a semi but your still using it. The state had to put it there and while I agree they do get a bit expensive...you should pay...otherwise just dont use them.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
I'd like to say no pay or less, but in all honesty most toll roads are built as an alternative to other more inconvenient routes so taking the toll road is a choice of convenience, therefore I have no problem paying the same as cars.

Though each time I pay I do like to ask the toll attendant how close we are to breaking even on this road. They usually stare in confusion.

G

·
Tolls=tax. That's the way I see it. If tolls were only used to maintain that section of road then I would be all for it. But just like every other fee we pay, they end up with only a portion actually going for what they were created for. Tolls are just another cash cow for the man..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts