Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racing season is fast approaching and I am in the market for a new bike (either and R1 or CBR1000RR - see thread for details http://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1033#post1033)

I was planning on keeping my RC51, its race only, but have been thinking about parting it out to help pay for the new bike and get some nice goodies for it.

If I get the CBR, I can swap over my PVM rims to it and possibly even swap them over to the R1. I would only need to get spacers made which EMA-USA has already told me they could do.

Everything else I would sell.

Front mount rads
engine
frame
HRC Basic Racer harness
forks w/ Carbon Coating, revalve, resprung etc
Penske Rear
Arrow Highmount Slip ons
Bodywork
etc...

the whole thing. This might take some time but I should get a decent amount of $$$ for all the bits. If I had the money, it wouldnt even be a question, i'd keep it as I love the thing and I love racing it.

If I get a new liter bike, then I will be limited in the amount of classes I can race in. Currently on the 51, I race in Formula Ultra (Anything goes), Open GP Twins, 750 Superbike, and SuperSport (1000cc, stock)

With a liter bike only it will be Formula Ultra and Super Sport only.
Decisions decisions....

Thoughts?:confused:

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
How much racing satisfies you in a given weekend?.....apart from the financial variable, this is what you should be asking yourself.....

In a perfect world, you hang on to both, and run a couple classes with both. Then you get to see if the liter bike thing is for you....if you're not happy, you fall back on the RC-51, and ditch the liter bike.....or verse visa.

Bummer that you can't race with the sweet rims on both bikes...you'd then have to decide which of your babies gets 'em......but this is a much less painful decision to make.....

I know that Spring time is prime selling season, but if you can afford to table this decision, you might be better informed when you make it.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmmm I seem to remember some ppl telling you to ditch the RC last yr and throw the money into a new liter bike! ;)

Id go with the CBR1k over the R1 in a heart beat!
In two yrs if the all new CBR meets the hype sell this one and get that one. The reason I say go with the CBR is all the hype Ive read up on for the past few yrs is that its the closest thing to a VTwin than anything.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XFBO said:
Hmmmm I seem to remember some ppl telling you to ditch the RC last yr and throw the money into a new liter bike! ;)
Ya, I know. :cool: I saw the light, but now I want both!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,606 Posts
I got rid of my 929rr and Superhawk to get my 10R. So I got the big liter bike.......................but damn, I miss that big twin sporty!!!!!!!!!!
I got the KLR650. It's kinda half a big twin. Awwwwwwwww sheeeeeaaatttt!
Who am I trying to fool! I want a twin:( :( :( :( :( :(

NOTE to MIDWEST....Them juggling jublies in your avatar are hypnotic, brother. I find myself drinking much more milk these days. Connection? I'm thinking so.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dave, don't get rid of the pig, just add a litre bike as well!

You know pigs are good for some things and should be kept around just in case you need them cause you never know when you'll need that pig of yours. Sounds like Bigdaa needs a cow instead of a pig though.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,606 Posts
Sporty, I had a bunch of cow flesh fresh off the grill last night.
I couldn't get the wife to dispense any refreshements afterwards though.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
They are hypnotic.... I stare at them for hours on end here at the office...

Sometimes just wondering what the rest of the picture looks like... I mean you assume its nice... but it doesnt necessarily have to be so! It could be some horrid, wretched, disfigured, inhumane being of a woman with just a beautifully balanced and bouncy set of knockers.

Odds are against it... but you never know!

OH and just to stay on topic.. I was wondering how much for the RC51 as it sits now with all the goodies.

If it were me... I'd figure out a way to keep both.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
midwest said:
OH and just to stay on topic.. I was wondering how much for the RC51 as it sits now with all the goodies.

If it were me... I'd figure out a way to keep both.
Trying to keep both and that is the ideal situation. But for kicks and grins,
OTD $$ as is... hmm... $6500

Now I have been thinking saving the $$$ and just waiting one more year. Not sure if I have the patience to save that long though. :eek:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
There's an idea... Save up what you can (of course you'll have to treat the RC a little just to keep things fresh) and get the new 600RR next winter. Then you'll be able to compete in just about every event come race weekend. :D

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CMulford said:
There's an idea... Save up what you can (of course you'll have to treat the RC a little just to keep things fresh) and get the new 600RR next winter. Then you'll be able to compete in just about every event come race weekend. :D
Been there, thought about that, and if I wasnt 6'6", 285lbs, I would. But every time I sit on a 600, I have to have someone help me un-wedge it from my ass! :D

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Oh, I was unaware of your, how should I say, largeness. That is definitely not a good suggestion then.

I've got it... Dump a butt load of money into the RC and get it AMA or WSBK levels of performance and you won't ever consider selling it againl.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Dave - at $6500, and all what you have done to the bike, I say keep it and work on saving up for a second bike. I cannot tell you the number of times I have considered selling my Pig as Sporty calls it. And then I ride her and well... I say bye to all offers.

I have not done quite as much work as you, and $6500 won't pry my pig out of my hands. There is that un-explainable value that cannot be measured in dollars - all the heart you put into it.

Keep the pig buddy.

By the way - WHAT SUIT DO YOU WEAR ?!?! I am 6' 3", 238 Ibs.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CMulford said:
Oh, I was unaware of your, how should I say, largeness. That is definitely not a good suggestion then.

I've got it... Dump a butt load of money into the RC and get it AMA or WSBK levels of performance and you won't ever consider selling it againl.
That was my orginal plan (Discussed months ago on MotoRush), but I would end up dumping about the same amount of money a new liter bike would cost, loose reliability and still have a bike that doesnt equal todays equipment. Nah, I think I will get a new r1 or cbr.

Just got a quote from a delaer in Oregon. $11,299 OTD for either one. If I pick it up, no set up fee. No state tax in Oregon either. Where did I put the cheque book? :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts