Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he quick question for the FI guys...

dunno if its an injector or not but i've notices a ticking/tapping around 4-5k rpm.. doesn't sound like an internal engine thing... too "external" of a sound for that...

anyone else have the same sound? Is it ok to have an injector loud enough to hear tapping over the engine? It wasn't there last season... been withing the first 500 miles of this season..

the bike has 12000 miles on it, and I ride the hell outta it usually.

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
That sounds like the same tapping sound that most of us have reported hearing that goes away in the 4-5k range. Mine does it and it's always when under acceleration load. Don't notice it on decel. Don't know exactly what it is but LDH always tells us that it's "airbox resonance". I trust his opinion but I always have to wonder what exactly makes "airbox resonance" translate to a tapping sound.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Could it be a vibration under the tank? I read some where in the hornets next that some cleared it up buy zip tie'ing cables or something that was not mounted solid under the tank. If I can find the post again I will link here. Mine does it too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aight ... Im not too worried about it... never seemed to cause me a problem, just wondering about it, as long as everyone else has the same issue it must just be a 919 thing, only reason for concern was that my 98 900rr with basically the same engine has never made the noise with almost twice the mileage on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.