Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 919 and have been having an issue with the TPS. Intermittently when I twist the throttle the bike will fall on it's face. I pull the connector off the TPS, put it back on and get going again. I get the 8 flashes on the FI light as well. I have seen multiple posts that you can't change the sensor out, but they are from 2011. I know that I can find the sensors online for sale, but it is riveted onto the throttle body. Has anyone changed this out? Can you replace the rivets with bolts? I do NOT want to change out the body assembly as it is not cheap. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
I have a 2005 919 and have been having an issue with the TPS. Intermittently when I twist the throttle the bike will fall on it's face. I pull the connector off the TPS, put it back on and get going again. I get the 8 flashes on the FI light as well. I have seen multiple posts that you can't change the sensor out, but they are from 2011. I know that I can find the sensors online for sale, but it is riveted onto the throttle body. Has anyone changed this out? Can you replace the rivets with bolts? I do NOT want to change out the body assembly as it is not cheap. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.
I believe the issue is getting the TPS set correctly. I am certainly curious to see what the hive mind has to say on the subject, but I'm certain we have the answers after 11 years.

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
I believe the issue is getting the TPS set correctly. I am certainly curious to see what the hive mind has to say on the subject, but I'm certain we have the answers after 11 years.
Islandboy was Pathfinder on sourcing bare sensors at an extremely economical price, as well as setup info. The takeaway from all that was no need to buy a complete TB assembly just to get the TP Sensor, which is how Honda Parts has access to a TP tied to.

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
Islandboy contributions in both the below.
He's such a good laddie, aye!

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
See further below for relevant info much more recent than you found so far.
Beefsalad is spot of re that set up has to be correct.
The bigger headache is getting the part, that is unless you want to pay cubic $$$ for a complete Throttle Body Assembly which is the only way Honda Parts supplies the needed T P Sensor.
At least that was the case historically and I suspect it still is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts