Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not about chief Running Wolf...:D

Finally a movie for the real motorcycle enthusiast.
The story is about the life of Burt Munro who was the legendry racer from New Zealand.
Anthony Hopkins who plays Burt Munro has been doing the talk show circuit. The movie is due to be released in early Feb.
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The Worlds Fastest Indian

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Looks to be an interesting biopic.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
h2o_motorsports said:
Should be good. Finaly a motorcycle movie that doesnt have bikes racing on top of trains!!!!!
I hate that... I like it better when they leave flames behind them cause they are going so fast, or when their tires change from slicks to knobbys instantly... while riding, after they start riding through a field.

On the other hand, I can roll a stoppie and do a 180 on the front tire while shooting a car with a .45

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
You forgot about beautiful soundtracks when they take a single and it sounds amazingly like an inline 4. Or when they take a 4 stroke and pipe in 2 stroke sounds.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
I just watched the trailer....that movie looks like a lot of fun!!!!

I couldn't find a release date on their website....I thought it might be a good Valentines Day date movie.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw it Thursday afternoon and it is one you don't want to miss. The underdog wins. A great movie. Big problem is, is that it is showing in only about one theater per state and at odd hours. Beats hell out of me why. Take a non bike person with you. They'll even love it.
DouweK

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally got around to seeing this movie before it vanished to DVD land. It was a heart warming story that even your non-motorcycle SO will enjoy. Anthony Hopkins gave his usual stellar performance. The only big disappointment as previously mentioned was limited exposure.

Seems that the movies dealing with gay and transsexual themes are getting most of the big screen exposure these days.(not that there is anything wrong with that!!!)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I finally got around to watching this, thanks to Mulfie...
I gotta say, if you have not seen this, make it a priority to watch it. If you have seen it, I'm guessing you'll watch it agian. Man, this was an awesome film, I can't believe I didn't watch this sooner. I wish they'd do a seguel to follow thru on the rest of Burt Munro's accomplishments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts