Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well we finally picked up the new RV on Saturday and we were extremely stoked! spent a few hours there having the leveling system, class 4 reciever, electric brake and the friction anti sway bar installed.

Now comes the fun part......Everything is hooked up and we are ready to roll. so off we go for the 70mile trip home. Making mega wide turns as I've never pulled a 32ft trailer before everything is going well until I start feeling the sway! HOLY CRAP!!!! You talk about scary! I have never felt anything like it in my life and it was pure white knuckled driving the rest of the way home. Every 18 wheeler that passed by would suck you over about 6 inches then when it finally got by you would move back over 6 inches. Gotta be one of the most unnerving things I have experienced in a vehicle. Needless to say It is going to take a few trips to finally not get so wigged out when pulling it.

I guess the one thing I may change is switching to a dual cam antisway system as I've read that it adds even more control than the friction type system.

Please any of you who have experience towing feel free to make fun and call me a wuss but at the same time I would love to have any hints as well!

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Mine is only 20' it's like a whole other world. But I'd suggest taking it to an open parking lot and see how much room it takes to manuever so you'll know by looking whether you should pull into that gas station or not.

Wax it now, wax it 5 times, wax it at every opportunity. The only thing worst than waxing it is trying to clean it because you didn't wax it enough.

Gift wrap it with a giant tarp if you're not storing it under a roof, it'll help keep things from sunfading. All those gummy seals will discolor and melt out unless it's wrapped and Wasps and hornets will make nests in every nook and cranny. Keep a can or two of wasp killer nearby at all times. Replace your rubber valve steams with metal ones before they dryrot and crack.

oh yeah, enjoy it!!! Trackdays will be much plusher now! :D

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
ragdoll said:
How is it in the twisties?
:laugh:

man those things do wander...followed my brother towin a 30 footer for about an 8 hour drive...crazy

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ratdog said:
:laugh:

man those things do wander...followed my brother towin a 30 footer for about an 8 hour drive...crazy

How bad was it wandering visually? I felt like I was all over the road! It was very windy which didn't help much either.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tomvan72 said:
What are you using to pull the new house with?
Nissan Titan

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
No offense, but dump the Titan and get a Diesel Dually. Your life will take on a new meaning.

Look at me suggesting you spend a foooookin wad on a new tow horse.

I'm totally serious. My brother pulls his with a F350 with the turbo diesel. It kicks humoungous asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss cause it has over 500 ftlbs of torque. It just doesn't want to sway or slowdown.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Power wise the Titan has no trouble, 305hp (underated) and 390ft lbs torque. The trailer is classified as an ultra light and max GVWR is 7250lb which I'll never get to. I guess a dually would help some with the sway factor but the Titan is only 2 yrs old and I love the dang thing!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SportyChick said:
Yay, it's official, you're trailer trash!!

Hey someone has to be. So be prepared when I pull up in your front yard with the whole family, missing teeth and all.:hammer: :yes:

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
dadogs said:
Hey someone has to be. So be prepared when I pull up in your front yard with the whole family, missing teeth and all.:hammer: :yes:
Do you resemble Bush in any way, shape, or form?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Very nice home away from home! Lots of fun trips in that baby can be had

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Quiet almost monastic chant:

"diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually
diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually
diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually "
The tinkle of little bells.......................................then:
"diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually
diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually
diesel dually diesel dually diesel dually "

Ok, seriously. That's the last you'll here out of me on the subject.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh I hear ya BigDaa, just can only drop sooooo much coin at one time

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
m51142 said:
Do you resemble Bush in any way, shape, or form?

Is this one of those "you aree what you eat" type questions? :blink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts