Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Awesome write-up, Suede!

You want an award for a thread without pics?!?!?! :hammer:

j/k The write-up alone is outstanding! You got skillz!

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Alright enough of the thread jacking, so how was the camp site in alpine?
Missed this the first go around - the campsite was extremely large, plenty of space between you and the neighbors. We saw the illusive Squabbit (my current profile picture) which is actually a Albert's Squirrel - indigenous to these here parts. The temperature shifts were amazingly drastic - sun out: warm and perfect. Sun gone: chilly but okay. Wind and no sun: FREEZING. We missed a hail storm on the day we did a loop, some campers' tents got trashed in the interim, but we know how to set em up right. :sweatdrop: I think I'll stay at Hannagan Meadow, (that's a link btw), I think it's slightly higher elevation and though you'd do some backtracking on the loop, it's right at the end/entry of the twisites.

Some day I'd love to do a big group ride up there, too bad there aren't more WT's in the area :(

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
Great post of a ride. I looked up the pictures of the road at various points (on Google maps, nice feature) and now I'm trying to figure out a way of geting all the way there for the ride!

·
I'm going riding.
1,274 Posts
nice ride, nice write:) thanks suede!

·
919>food>beer
1,151 Posts
I know there are atleeast 3 of us in Tucson, and another 2 or 3 in Pheonix area... really don't need much more than that for a group ride or it gets crowded

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hrmmm, maybe we should plan a Southwest WT's camp and ride...

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Okay, a few pictures as I vie for a WT merit badge. First one is of Luna Lake, then a view of the mining town hidden in the hills of NM, the big hole in the grand near New Morenci (possibly Old Morenci you're looking at) and our campground. Enjoy!

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts