Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A919 262 miles on its , It has been Sitting for 7 years It has some small specks of rust in Thetank What all should I do to get it running This is my 1st bike That Is fuel injected . I replaced the battery. Turn It on everything powered Up and Everythingwas fine. Have not tried to turn it over i know to change all fluids. But what about the fuel injection?

·
Left of Centre
4,069 Posts
There should be an audible whirr from the pump should after you first turn on the key, as it builds pressure in the fuel system - I guess that's your first port of call. 7 years might have been too long between spins for the pump.

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
I have the fuel tank off can I bench test it the fuel pump with battery 3 wires coming off the pump. Not sure which wires to hock to the battery help please
Trust you have first checked to see that there is supply power at the connections to the fuel pump.
My guess is you figured that need to be so obvious that you just didn't mention it.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
If it bench tests bad, highflowfuel sells JUST the pump at under $100. They are rebuilt, but cheap and reliable. One of the wires is for the low fuel light. Pop the pump assembly out and check it out. When Honda says 6inlb or whatever on the pump bolts, THEY MEAN IT!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool thank you.it is up and running know.fuel pump was just stuck from not running for so long. Now it is time for a good cleaning. Thank you every one that answered my questions. Without being a jerk.was going to sell the 919 and keep my r6. But after driving the 919 by by r6.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 purchased in July
68 Posts
I have A919 262 miles on its , It has been Sitting for 7 years It has some small specks of rust in Thetank What all should I do to get it running This is my 1st bike That Is fuel injected . I replaced the battery. Turn It on everything powered Up and Everythingwas fine. Have not tried to turn it over i know to change all fluids. But what about the fuel injection?
Dirty Birdy - I don't have answers just some encouragement. A few months ago I purchased a 2007 919 with 1000 miles. It had initially been run for a year or two but had been sitting since them. The seller said they cleaned the tank and replaced the fuel pump.

I changed the rubber (although after removal they seemed very pliable) and the oil. Cleaned it up a bit. So far I've put over 1200 miles on it without a single problem...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts