Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Actually, that's Alexa's Hornet 900. I suppose that means the answer to your question is yes....Alexa did that to a 919.

The thing you have to realize before attempting ANYTHING that guy did is that he spent a whole load of time and money to finish that bike. Don't attempt unless you're willing to do the same.

As near as I can tell, you need to weld the frame to properly attach the RR swingarm to the 919 because the "dogbone" won't attach to our frame. Alexa is on Hornet's Nest every once in a while, but his English is so-so (by his own admission). You can feel free to ask him about his mods. He's been pretty pleased to share his work.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
You could probably buy 5 or 6 niners for the amt of $$$ Alexa put into his bike!:w00t:

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
jin has done a 600rr swap

all way more trouble than it's worth...

speaking of what it's worth...you know you can drop 2-3 grand and get a spondon setup or RAM (both single-sided) ...think the MaxAction hornet had it way back when b4 it was parted out

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
actually i think the maxaction hornet had a metmachex boxed setup...dang can't remember exactly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts