Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe the nerve of some men these days, especially the ones that we have employed here at RIM.

So here's my story.........

I have to deliver a server to another building here on our RIM campus for training tomorrow. The server weighs over 60lbs and is very awkward to carry. Of course when it needs to be delivered, all the guys on my team disappear mysteriously so I'm stuck delivering it. And of course when it comes time to deliver, there are no damn carts around which means I have to carry it.

So I'm on the fourth floor and have to take it down to ground floor to my car to drive it across the campus to another building. I get on the elevator holding the damn server, stab the ground floor button with the corner of the server and wait. Of course the elevator stops at the 3rd floor and there stands 3 men staring at me holding a server that is getting heavier by the second. It seems an eternity and I finally say without even thinking "are you guys just going to stand there staring at me or you getting on, this server isn't getting any lighter". Now the 3rd floor is executive floor and I have no idea who these guys are and neither do I care at that moment, they get on and mumble something which I ignore.

Ground floor comes and the elevator door opens up and guess what, they pile out first and walk ahead and don't even hold the next door open for me. Fine, be asswipes, I don't care. I leave the server by the back door to go get my car taking the power cords with me and some guy opens the door in front of me with just enough room for him to slide out. Fine, don't hold the door open for me either, be an asswipe, I don't care.

Get my car, back it up to the door, go inside and grab the server. Another guy sees me struggling to pick the server up and walks by me, opens the door and doesn't hold it open for me. Fine, don't hold the door open for me either, be an asswipe, now I'm starting to care and I'm getting madder!

Go to the back of my car with the trunk open, another guy walks by and sees me trying to pick the server up high enough to get into the trunk. Fine, don't help me put the server into the trunk, be an asswipe, I'm fuming now!

As I'm driving to the other building, I see a fellow co-worker walking, stop the car and ask him where he's going and he's going to the same building as me. Tell him to get in cause I have a server for him to carry once we get there. I start telling him what just happened and I can't even form a sentence cause I'm so mad and he just looks at me and says "you're really mad aren't you".

I don't care to have anyone carry the server for me but for gawd's sakes at least open the friggin' door for me. I can handle one idiot doing it but it was over and over again where common courtesy was just not there. I always go out of my way to hold doors for others, it doesn't take much to do!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I agree not holding a door for someone who is clearly struggling to hold on to something is poor. Its not just where you are either its here too. Its just poor manners by most of society. Look out for number 1 and dont give a crap about you. (I run into this attitude in my job which is hard to combat becasue to get anything done you have to be the same way)

I think the not carrying it for you is another story...if they would have asked to help (in most guys mind) a lot of women would give them the "You think I cant do it just because i'm a woman" speech.

Lastly....were you wearing a skirt? Maybe they thought you would bend over to pick it up and they would get a peak at the canadian goods!;)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't care about any of them offering to carry the server for me but at least hold the door open for me. And not because I'm carrying something but just out of common courtesy. I'll hold the door open for someone whether they're carrying something or nothing at all.

I don't even remember the last time I wore a skirt to work or let alone wore a skirt. I can't wear a skirt to work with the type of work I do and the type of men I work with!

I'm not pissing the campus off, they're pissing me off!

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
It's just Toronto, the further west you get the nicer people are (and they smoke less too!).

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
SportyChick said:
I don't even remember the last time I wore a skirt to work or let alone wore a skirt. I can't wear a skirt to work with the type of work I do and the type of men I work with!

Maybe they thought you were a dude

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
That is just plain Rude!!!!!!!! People now a days just don't have any manners. My son is 13 and he holds doors open for people all the time. Even my 6 year old holds doors open. That's just the way we raised them.

Sportychick.....next time you have one of these guys following behind you make sure to slam the door right in thier face or wait until they are almost at the elevator and then hit the close button. :mad:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GDJAM said:
Maybe they thought you were a dude
Riiiight and I have a bigger c0ck then you do!

Don't worry LittleNinja, those asswipes faces are forever etched into my brain, I'll get them back!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
We could compare....how do you convert yards to metres?:eek:

Anyway, just poking fun, we all know you're a hot sweet momma.

And BTW, I'll have you know that even though I'm a total jerk-off, I'm still a gentleman.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I got confused after I read RIM... my mind started wandering... Moto's stories of giving Sporty a RIM job...

What were we discussing?

·
Registered
465 Posts
SportyChick said:
Riiiight and I have a bigger c0ck then you do!

Don't worry LittleNinja, those asswipes faces are forever etched into my brain, I'll get them back!

LOL great come back on your 1st quote bahahahah

Sporty..sorry to hear you were treated badly. It is amazing how people have little concern for a fellow person to help out. People will never cease to amaze me:confused:

I hope you feel a little bit better for venting..:D

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Now that's a whole nuther discussion in and of itself....

It's a big-time pet-peeve of mine when women say they want everything that men have, but still subscribe to gender stereotypes......

i.e., I'm in a male dominated profession......where the glory and self-satisfaction only comes with a great deal of hard-nosed, sometimes unpleasant, grueling work. I know of certain women who say they want to break in, but also try to side-step the true resoponsibilities of the profession...the paying your dues part....the gettin dirty and busting your ass part....the leaving your life on hold part......

I feel like, if you're a chick, and you want in on the "old-boys" network, maybe you gotta do everything the boys can do, and maybe even out-shine them a little.....

Sporty, I know this has nothing to do with what you posted but it's been on my mnd and so here it is.......TNX

1 - 20 of 31 Posts