Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CB919 Hornet
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

As the title states i got a PC on the way.
I read in the forum that the 900rr map would be good for me🤷🏻‍♂️
Here are my performance mods

• stock headers straight pipe with short muffler
  • pair valve block
  • flapper mod
  • 17/44 sprocket swap with 520 chain

What do y’all think?🤷🏻‍♂️
Any other bolt ons I can do for power?

·
McTavish
6,309 Posts
Hello all!

As the title states i got a PC on the way.
I read in the forum that the 900rr map would be good for me🤷🏻‍♂️
Here are my performance mods

• stock headers straight pipe with short muffler
  • pair valve block
  • flapper mod
  • 17/44 sprocket swap with 520 chain

What do y’all think?🤷🏻‍♂️
Any other bolt ons I can do for power?
Personally, I'd question the use of a 900RR based map, seeing as those headers are significantly mismatched to the 919 engine particulars, so compensatory mapping is needed to reasonably get them to work.
Sure, try it, but even if you think it's OK, I'd try some other maps.
Oddly enough, I have never seen a dedicated 919 header X single outlet map, let alone one known to be good.
There is a 919 early days map kicking around for a Two Brothers full system 4:1.
It would be worth an experiment, noting however that particular header was rather crude - if I remember correctly it being a simple old school 4:1 and not a 4:2:1 which the 919 and 900RR headers both are.

·
Registered
2003 CB919 Hornet
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll give it a shot. I could always get it dyno tuned. I want to see whee as to it puts down anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
McTavish
6,309 Posts
I’ll give it a shot. I could always get it dyno tuned. I want to see whee as to it puts down anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
A good map from a dyno run is the best.
Keep in mind that controlling coolant temp is more difficult with the 919 re the small rad, which can really screw things up if the tuner does adjustments when the ECU is adding ever more extra fuel with increasing coolant temps above normal.

·
Registered
2003 CB919 Hornet
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A good map from a dyno run is the best.
Keep in mind that controlling coolant temp is more difficult with the 919 re the small rad, which can really screw things up if the tuner does adjustments when the ECU is adding ever more extra fuel with increasing coolant temps above normal.
ah yes! Thx, point well taken.

what’s the most anybody on here has put down on a dyno Honda/tq?

im realistic though, I’m a fairly new rider, I started on a CB650R which is a pretty quick bike but this 919 feels so much better it’s so beastly and sounds WAYYY better. I’m a pretty big guy too (6’3-220lbs) so the dimensions of the 919 are way better for me.

·
McTavish
6,309 Posts
I see it more like the rear wheel being a nominal 100 BHP & 62/3 lb. ft. Torque
Some dynos as operated and corrected showing 97.
Some dynos as operated and corrected showing 102.
The big gain from mapping is smoothness of throttle control and torque curve.
The reality is, there is more to be gained by shifting technique and optimized shift points than there is from anything that can be bolted on.

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
The reality is, there is more to be gained by shifting technique and optimized shift points than there is from anything that can be bolted on.
A 1/4 turn throttle is an interesting addition to any street bike...💀

1 - 10 of 10 Posts