Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 years and 1 day ago, I was pronounce DOA after doing the following damage to my old AMX.

You would think I would have soem kind fo strong words regarding the incident or experience (however you choose to look at it). But I have come up with nothing. I believe that luck is why I am still here today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thing is... i've heard (read) his story a few times now, and speed wasn't a factor... icy roads. everytime i see this pic i get goose-bumps. crazy!!

Mike, call it luck or whatever you like - someone was watching over you. continue to stay strong, bro!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Holy cow! There's definately a reason you're still here man.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two posts combined from 600rr.net

It was a 30mph road. I was doing max 40mph at time of initial contact with Ice.

The damage on the car points to the car turning sideways on the ice, the front Right A-arm collapsed as the car came off the ice causing the front wheel to buckle under the car.

This sent the car up into a cartwheel.

I was apparently taking a little nap by this point --- Guessing from the only deep gash on my body was about where the steering wheel hit me in the face.

I had a hard time believing it until someone showed me a matchbox car wreck. He pushed the car hard, it hit carpet or something and proceeded to flip. As the car continued on its straight line path, it did not accelerate, however, the outer extremities of the car are flying high speed end over end. This is how the car virtually exploded on impact with the pole.

There was one witness. They were behind me and the only thing they contributes it they saw my headlights three times.

Physical damage to me --- I am one inch shorter. I have some scoliosis from it. When the car ripped in half, the shoulder point of the three point seat belt stayed with the back of the car. The lap belt points stayed with the front. The seat belt pulled tight, broke the driver’s seat back with my body and then ripped (hard impact huh?). It ripped every muscle in my back.

The left side of my face made contact with the asphalt, and promptly ripped all the skin off (healed somewhat well, but I’m still ugly). In the hospital, my cheek and forehead had swollen together in front of the eye. Blood would puddle in that area, while the cuts in my head would bleed and fill my ear. When I tilted my head to drain blood out of my ear, the blood from my eye would run down and refill my ear with blood. I could smell it and taste it. Not fun!!!

My ankle somehow got mangled but not broken.

Otherwise, just lots of cuts and bruises.

The amazing part, not one broken bone.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
DUDE..........................................

NASTY wreck! Count your blessings...

Amazing how in the right circumstances, something like that can happen... sending the car in a cartwheel... wild... Thanks god you were "napping" at the time... it may have saved your life!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
In the hospital, my cheek and forehead had swollen together in front of the eye. Blood would puddle in that area, while the cuts in my head would bleed and fill my ear.

Dude.....when the nurses came in, did you yell "Yo Adrian!!!"?

Just Kidding! Glad you survived. You are truly lucky.

BTW, shame you killed such a cool car. It would have been okay if it were say, a Gremlin:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts