Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hey check out how cool I am. I look so cool. And now, be amazed at how good I can uh, turn the throttle. See how I, AHHHHHH!"

Link

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Ya know, he would have been in even worse shape if not for the curb. Imagine plowing into that wall head-on. Who the hell taught him to ride?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Small problem exponentiated with panic and target fixation!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
"There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Toto?"

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like he had a hard landing though, Something had to break. That suit looked like it had no shoulder armor, or is that just me?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Imagine if instead of launching to the left, if he had launched to the right..........well the rider would have disappeared right over the wall!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
ragdoll said:
Looks like he had a hard landing though, Something had to break. That suit looked like it had no shoulder armor, or is that just me?
I see knee, elbow & back. ...shoulder??? not sure.

Maybe it's just me, but it almost looks like it was staged. Not that I want to think anyone would want to stage something like that. I mean, someone who has that amount of gear, assuming they have been riding for some time, loosing control that easily?? And wouldn't your reaction be to hold on seeing nothing on the other side of that wall not knowing where you may land? :confused1:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or he's just that bad(dumb?) of a rider...

EDIT: After saying that, now I'll probably do the same thing. I also have a Shoei helmet and Dainese leathers, it's a sign.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
h_ryder said:
I see knee, elbow & back. ...shoulder??? not sure.

Maybe it's just me, but it almost looks like it was staged. Not that I want to think anyone would want to stage something like that. I mean, someone who has that amount of gear, assuming they have been riding for some time, loosing control that easily?? And wouldn't your reaction be to hold on seeing nothing on the other side of that wall not knowing where you may land? :confused1:

Lay off the crack now Mr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think it's a combination of bad/old tires + new rider = Ambulance ride.

Look how the rear just slipped out with almost no lean angle. I didn't see anything in the road like antifreeze, oil, or sand but it could have been that too. I think he gassed it, lost the rear, and panicked.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ouch! Looks like a bad case of target fixation and that wall was pretty scary!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, couldn't tell in the video, but I don't think there was a whole lot of give in the wall. :pinch:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.