Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for slip on exhaust for the 919 as it's hard to come by. Yoshimura titanium pipes preferably.

·
919 Rider
2,787 Posts
There are a couple of manufacturers that make link pipes for the 919. Allowing for many different styles of exhaust cans to be fitted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do the carbon pipes stay any cooler?
It's not the mufflers themselves that's the problem, it's the mid-pipe leading directly into them. I have left a bit of melted boot (and skin) on them. The beat-up Leo Vince slip-ons my bike came with had heatshields, and of course the factory exhaust has the conical heatshields covering the same area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which pipes did you get, specifically? Could you post a pic?

I'm torn between the 18'' Carbon or Stainless Ovals from Delkevic- leaning towards the CF because of maximum weight savings and apparently somewhat cooler than stainless.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can do one better - sort of - I took videos of them when I installed them, trying to figure out if I wanted to leave the inserts in or not (I chose to leave them in). I have the dual 18" stainless.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgHD-KSWJ0[/ame]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I am sold on the Delkevics, wish they did a titanium option. Your bike looks great with the stainless. Thanks for the vid.

·
919 Rider
2,787 Posts
You can buy just the Delkevic link pipe and fit most aftermarket 50mm slip ons. Which is what I did. I put on SP engineering cans. I’ll take a pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts