Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some good headphones that have sound isolating.

What I am looking at are the e2c and the e3c.

I bet I don't notice much difference in sound quality between the two, but I am more looking at the fact that the e2c is a little bigger and that I will be wearing them under my helmet a lot. Anyone have experience with these? Do they fit well? I know Bock919 has the e2c's so if you could chime in too. :p

Or is there something very similar to these that you guys can recommend or atleast give some insight on? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and if you do have experience with these, can you tell me if the rubber ear inserts fit well enough to block out noise? Or are the foam inserts needed for that? I know all ears are different, just would like an idea.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Don't know if I told you already (stupid lousy memory) but I use the rubber ear pieces and they block out most sound.

Someone else's turn...

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bock919 said:
Don't know if I told you already (stupid lousy memory) but I use the rubber ear pieces and they block out most sound.

Someone else's turn...
That's exactly what I wanted to hear actually. I don't want it to block out ALL sound. That would be a bad idea I think. But to block most, yeah, that sounds perfect.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
I thought you were already running with E2Gs?

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
I have a pair of the ec2s and they deliver great sound with the bee air chamber. Much better than the tinny sony's I'm returning today. Unfortunately my helmet fits too tight to allow them. I should do some dremel tool mods to my helmet. :laugh:

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you were already running with E2Gs?
Yeah, I posted that for others to save, muh.

I have a pair of the ec2s and they deliver great sound with the bee air chamber. Much better than the tinny sony's I'm returning today. Unfortunately my helmet fits too tight to allow them. I should do some dremel tool mods to my helmet. :laugh:
Too tight to fit Ec2's? Since these set inside your ear and don't stick out at all, I'm assuming you have either a really weird head or a really really small helmet to fit a possibly weird head.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I'm not certain which I have, but they come with several rubber and foam pieces. The best thing I've ever bought for travel. They are a fraction of the price of BOSE headsets and out perform them by a huge margin! Good sound also.

Being on a plane with these have saved my life from crying babies and fat bad breathed idiots trying to talk with you!

I think I got them at Target.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not certain which I have, but they come with several rubber and foam pieces. The best thing I've ever bought for travel. They are a fraction of the price of BOSE headsets and out perform them by a huge margin! Good sound also.

Being on a plane with these have saved my life from crying babies and fat bad breathed idiots trying to talk with you!

I think I got them at Target.

Being that I used to live on airplanes much like yourself, these things were the best investment of the YEAR for me. I love them for riding, mowing lawns, snowblowing, etc. Block 90% of outside sound completely and sound amazing at the same time. Worth even more than the $110 retail price if you ask me.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use these...

link
Never saw those before. Looks similar in design, cool. I'm stuck thinking that Bose is like Monster Cable, Oakley, etc... good quality but paying more for the name than the quality. Not crapping on them, just saying they use their name for more money sometimes.

·
Crotchety Rocket
1,426 Posts
I have and use Sennheiser earbuds. They are not too pricey (for top quality earphones) and sound unbelievable. The bass in them is ridiculous, and the sound is clear and wonderful.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried those, but since they don't go around the top of your ear they fall out especially when it gets hot. Since I planned on using them during physical activities it wouldn't work for me. The Shure ones go around the top of the ear and have no chance of even slipping.

Those Sennheiser headphones you have there are, however, very very good. The quality is top notch, especially for the price.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I stepped on my Shure ear buds yesterday with my fat Sidi boot and I heard a crack sound. Made me sick. But I checked them out and they're still solid, just a little scratching.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts