Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
G-Money Pimp Moderator
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo-hoo!

Finally a little love for those of us that don't have to compensate for having small penises by having to have 150HP+ machines.

I'll start it off.

1989 NC30/VFR400R

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Ok here she is... my learning bike 1998 Ninja 250

Not the greatest pic of her but i had a boo boo with my computer and lost most of my pics!

·
G-Money Pimp Moderator
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The amount of money I want for the RC30 basically makes it not for sale. I searched for the right one for more than 6 years before I found this one and I just don't see myself letting it go.

I stumbled across the NC30 by accident. A friend of mine in California who is also a Honda V4 nut and had done me a huge favor when I was hunting for my RC30 contacted me to ask me to look at it for him and give him an opinion on its condition. The seller was asking almost $5k claiming it as mint but the pictures really didn't reflect that. I drove up to Dallas from Houston and as soon as I walked in the guy's garage I knew he was full-o-sh!t. His definition of "mint" included fairings that were fixed with JB Weld (and still had pieces missing!), dry-rotted tires and pos aftermarket exhaust whose end-can looked like it was designed for a much larger displacement bike. Paint job looked god from 30 feet away but up close was a whole different story. After calling my friend in California to give him the bad news, I thanked the owner for wasting my time and started to leave. As I was walking out the guy was still trying to sell me the bike even after I told him that his description of the bike was BS (pointing out the numerous problems) and that he was high if he thought anyone was going to pay his asking price if they saw the bike first. Once I saw that he was open to negotiation I offered him a lowball price to which he claimed that he had a local buyer that already offered him $1,500 more than my offer. After some more haggling (which included him call the guy with the higher offer who suddenly couldn't afford to buy the bike now), I got the bike for a fair price a nd brought it home.

I've put more than a $1,500, (Tyga full exhaust, jet kit, chain, sprockets, tires and fairing repairs) and only need to repaint it to get it back to about 90%. She runs really well and is a hoot to ride.

I would consider selling it but for more than most folks would want to pay. Clean NC30/NC35 go for anywhere from $4,500-$6,000 and you can count I will be wanting the top-end of the range for it.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
turn_1 said:
cant upload the pics of my sweet moped cause they're too big, but that thing is lightweight also!!
E-mail me the picture and I can host it on my website, then you can just link it in here... that's what most people do I think... I do.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Down to the local grey market guy for some HRC pads today. 4 NC30's, couple of those NSR's, TZR250, bunch of FZR400's, and a few Bros. All but the Bros looking pretty rough. Good thing, anything too nice and I'd be having my neck wrung for bringing home another toy. Probably make pretty good track bikes.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Why the hell don't we get that good stuff here in the United States!

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
About 1999 Honda Canada showed the CBR400RR as possible import, but it went nowhere. Lately I see at least one grey market bike on the road here a day. Mostly NC/RVF/FZR.

The rules up here are you can import non-conforming vehicles after 15 years. Sadly after 15 years of thrashing and being left outside in humid climates these bikes are very rough. I'm hoping some of the bigwigs at the big 4 take notice and start to import the small displacement sportbikes again.

I know the price would be near to a 600, but the running cost, and insurance (displacement's key across most of Canada) would be a lot lower. I've had a lot of fun on small bikes that you can wring out (2 & 4 stroke).

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'm with Danke and Bigdaa on this one, bring us more 400 class sportbikes/standards/nakeds.

Nice ride mooks! Welcome to the craziness. Most of us US crazies go for the 900 version of the Hornet.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Danke said:
Down to the local grey market guy for some HRC pads today. 4 NC30's, couple of those NSR's, TZR250, bunch of FZR400's, and a few Bros. All but the Bros looking pretty rough. Good thing, anything too nice and I'd be having my neck wrung for bringing home another toy. Probably make pretty good track bikes.
I would love to go to that place with a blank check... with someone elses signature on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
she's lovely to ride - I use her everyday for 'round the city. She's light and nimble with a nice growl to her with the WRS pipe. She even has the 180 back tyre on her .... just like her big sister - and now I have her big sister too (cb900) but she's for ... uh ... 'outside the city limits' :gunsmilie:

<puffs out her chest>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bock919 said:
I'm with Danke and Bigdaa on this one, bring us more 400 class sportbikes/standards/nakeds.

Nice ride mooks! Welcome to the craziness. Most of us US crazies go for the 900 version of the Hornet.

I have the 900 as well - the 250 is my commuter ..... fun in the traffic .... she has this big-assed 180 back tyre on her that just seems to let go at the most awkward times ... <coughs> .... :rockon:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts