Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellos going to service the ninja 250r and was just wondering if I need to run the bike for abit to warm up the oil before I change it?

·
Left of Centre
3,929 Posts
Nope just drain it. Last time you rode the bike the oil was nice and hot and it all drained to the bottom of the engine, where it is now sitting, waiting to be drained and replaced.

·
Left of Centre
3,929 Posts
Right, so the bike has to be level to check it. I find it's easiest to stand on the rhs of the bike [my sightglass is on the right], facing back with my feet near the footpeg, pull the bike upright with my right arm over the tank, and bend down and peer at the sightglass that way. Your technique might need to be different for your bike. Oil halfway up the window would be good.

·
McTavish
6,340 Posts
Nope just drain it. Last time you rode the bike the oil was nice and hot and it all drained to the bottom of the engine, where it is now sitting, waiting to be drained and replaced.
Yes indeed!
But still be sure to let the sump drain well, say 5 minutes or so, especially if the oil is cold season cold.

·
Left of Centre
3,929 Posts
check to see that it's symmetrical top and bottom.

Is there an indented or rebated surface and a flat surface, or are they both the same?

Can you match it with the one that came out, or is too late for that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope. I plan to service it September October. I’m thinking of goin with the genuine Kawasaki filter..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just doin all the research and homework now so when the time comes all will go smoothly..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts