Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
jetblast10 said:
We're in the process of moving to the new server, things may be goofy for a while.

Goofy is a technical term.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another crash........:eek:

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably, brace yourself. :D

nowhere near as bad as a crash, just a time when records are being updated. - shouldn't lose data, the files are already copied and the dns records are changed. just finding one script error in the dbase now, working on it. you might not even notice.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's somewhat normal. you have to copy all the files to the other server. then redirect the dns to the new box, there's a slight lagtime. It's sort of like going backwards in time about 30 hours. Think of it as a timewarp and you'll feel better about it.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
jetblast10 said:
it's somewhat normal. you have to copy all the files to the other server. then redirect the dns to the new box, there's a slight lagtime. It's sort of like going backwards in time about 30 hours. Think of it as a timewarp and you'll feel better about it.
Oh my god, I've gone back in time. I have to warn everyone Motorush is going down, and get some ice cream!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.