Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in the process of moving to the new server, things may be goofy for a while.

Goofy is a technical term.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
jetblast10 said:
We're in the process of moving to the new server, things may be goofy for a while.

Goofy is a technical term.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another crash........:eek:

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably, brace yourself. :D

nowhere near as bad as a crash, just a time when records are being updated. - shouldn't lose data, the files are already copied and the dns records are changed. just finding one script error in the dbase now, working on it. you might not even notice.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
If you lose info I want my post whoring, street rider status reinstated :D

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
We need to look at who had the most to loose, and then we'll know who stole those threads from our computers.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's somewhat normal. you have to copy all the files to the other server. then redirect the dns to the new box, there's a slight lagtime. It's sort of like going backwards in time about 30 hours. Think of it as a timewarp and you'll feel better about it.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
jetblast10 said:
it's somewhat normal. you have to copy all the files to the other server. then redirect the dns to the new box, there's a slight lagtime. It's sort of like going backwards in time about 30 hours. Think of it as a timewarp and you'll feel better about it.
Oh my god, I've gone back in time. I have to warn everyone Motorush is going down, and get some ice cream!

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The move is done. The DNS updates should be done. We are up and running on the new box. Say goodbye to a 10meg port, say hello to a 100meg port.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
preparing to pull the plug on the old server. all testing so far has us up and running on the new box just perfect so it's time to kill the old one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts