Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say I was rooting for no one....

However... the refs were either on hook for this game, or were the worst officiating crew I have ever witnessed. That was a badly called game.

What was even worse was Al "Whats the over?" Micheals and John Madden didnt really mention how bad the calls were... just a few... "That was a bad call" and a "I didnt see a hold"

Not sure if all the calls amounted to changing the outcome of the game as both teams played the most vanilla Super Bowl in memory... BUT how about these...

*Jackson had a touchdown called off because of offensive pass interference and it was BS (steelers biased media said it was BS).
*Then a touchdown by the steelers bs QB that wasn't a friggin touchdown. C'mon look at the review! BS!!!!!
*A phantom hold call that brought back a pass that was down on the 2-3 yard line or so (even the Steelers biased media said it was phantom).
*Then backed up needing 25 yards for the first, Hasselback throws an interception trying to do too much (remember, it should've been on the 2-3 yard line). On the return of the that damn interception they call a 15 yard penalty on top of it because they said that he blocked low.....He tackled the bastard he wasn't blocking.

If I were an NFL exec... I might be making a few calls to see which of the offciating crew was driving a new Caddy this week!

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
yeah, the calls sucked...but i don't think it was soooo vanilla

i was thinking there were no 'superstars', i watched teams play and it was a good deal...would have been more interesting in the officials weren't so weak

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
That had to be some of the worst officiating I've seen in a game especially one of this magnitude. I'm not a fan of either team however I still like to enjoy a fair game. This one was by no stretch of the imagination fair!
Those officials should be demoted to pee-wee football...:mad:

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
I've seen that sneek it over the line play called back so many times I just can't belive it worked in the Superbowl!

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
*Jackson had a touchdown called off because of offensive pass interference and it was BS (steelers biased media said it was BS).

Pushing off is pushing off. That was a fair call. You can't push off of the oposing player.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah. What he said ^^^^. You cant push off. I do agree that the block/tackle call was bogus. And if you really watched, the ball did cross the plane of the white line on the touchdown. Remember all it has to do is touch the white and its good. It was a boring game all first half though, and I thought most of the comercials sucked! Not to mention that horrible half time show with the walking dead!

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
commercials were very weak

halftime sucked unbelievably...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Not being much of a football fan although I do understand the game, I thought for sure they weren't going to call the first touchdown by the Steelers. To me, it was plainly not a touchdown!

Did anyone understand a word that was coming out of **** Jagger's mouth when he was singing???

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That ball did not touch the goal line... or at least no one could tell from the replay... and if you watch it again and again... like I did last night.. th eline judge who is the guy to make the call... runs in with one arm up... which means 4th DOWN! Then half way up the goal line while Big Ben is wrestling the ball forward... and onto the line... the judge puts up his other arm! NOW ITS A TOUCHDOWN!?!

Make no mistake. The Steelers deserved to win. But on the whole, it will go down as one of the crappiest officiated Super Bowls that DEFINITELY fell in favor of one team. THE LOSING TEAM!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
As already mentioned a very unevenful Super Bowl.

Though, I like the Rolling Stones. They should have lip-synced! And, I must rather see a female nipple over a guys midrift.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
"deserve" is a relative term......Seattle played well enough to win....

My .02...

"Pushing off" is one thing......that was not pushing off.....it was 6 pts.....

In the superbowl, you better stuff that ball in the end zone......that was not a TD....it probably would have been 3pts, as a result.....different ball game now.....

I'm OK w/ the Steelers "W" b/c Jerome is a class act.....but I wouldn't want to be a Seahawk fan right now.....I'd be a little miffed:mad:

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seattle didnt play well enough to win! If they did, they would have!

Seattle played a lot of good ball... dont get me wrong, but they had some really poor time management going on, some rather silly plays called, and then they totally left their superstar on the sideline. Not literally... but why not come out after the half and try and set the tone with Alexander?

He had an OK game... but the guy scored 28td's this year and 1800yds! He should have touched the ball 35+ times in that game... if it were me with the play sheet. Seattle loses 3 key defensive players and they decide to give the ball back to Pitt with 6:xx left on the clock? After that they needed a stop and 2 scores. Why not go for it on 4th down there... if they miss it, they still need a STOP and 2 scores... field position was a 20yd difference? Bad call there... one Holmgren should have made.

I wish some of those calls would have went the 'right' way... then the game may have had to open up more on its own! I feel bad for Seattle cuz I think the officials called a really one sided game.... but on the other hand... That was Seattles game to win.

I remember when Holmgren was with the Pack and during our second trip to the SB against Denver... we went into the half with a fairly tight game. We were however, running the ball really well... almost at will. Rumor has it we went away from the run because Elway was having a good game and they... the Green Bay powers at be... wanted Favre to beat Elway... not Levens and the RB squad. They wanted Favre to get his MVP for the win because the year before Desie Hoe got it for his return for a TD. The 2nd half goes to hell in a handbag and by the time they decide to start running again... its almost too late... Denver is getting close to our endzone, time is running out... and Holmgren seemingly lets T. Davis run a freebie into the endzone so we could get the ball back with more time on the clock to attempt a winning drive. If it works.. your a hero... if not... you look like an idoit. I still think the guy is an idiot.

For Seattle, NEXT year is where you will see what kind of a team they are. When they have the schedule of an NFC Divisional Champ team... OH and they had better sign Alexander... or else the likes of Cleveland will beat them badly.

OK enough for football this year... time to call SPEED on their lack of GP coverage.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Fine, but I'll contend that Seattle played well enough to win until the bad penalty and ensuing interception.......that was looking like "go ahead" time to me....woulda really F'd up Pittsburgh to give up back to back scores like that....

And clock management was an issue as well......must be a "fat SF offense coach" thing, b/c me and my buddies were sayin' how Andy Reidesque it all seemed.......there must be some kinda sumpm in that Green Bay water.....

Hey.....when's Daytona?.....wait.....Feb. 25, WSBK at Losail!!!!

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
As a live long Pittsburgh fan living in Seattle, I will say two things...

1. The officiating was not that great and Seattle go the short end of the stick
2. In the end, the check mark is in Pittsburgh's W column

End of Story.

I was the only Pitts fan a at a Superbowl party with all Seahawks fans! Let me tell ya, it was fun! :eek:

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are fun parties to be at... especially when you 'open the window' for them!

Think your teams gonna win? 'Step to the window' and place your bets....

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Had the roles been reversed, and you were a hawks fan in Pitttsburgh, we'd be reading your obituary right now.....

A few more things to support my post above.....

The first half was all Seattle.....but for a flukey play to get it close to the endzone, Pittsburgh accomplished nothing in the first two quarters...

the Seahawks outgained the Steelers....and nabbed more turn-overs

Roethlisberger's numbers were crap....go into the annals of Superbowl history, and I doubt you'd ever find a winning QB with numbers/ratings like that....hasslebecks #'s were pretty good

Hines Ward had a good game , but 5 catches and a TD on a trick play against a backup safety? This was their stand out performance???? Pffft.....that might warrant a historical comparison, as well....

But in the end, Seattle just didn't capitalize, and to a great degree...."got hosed"...but What is cool is how Pitt did it all on the road....a very long successful road....that got them to what I thopught was a lack-luster performance

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Being an AFC fan...

- the "push-off" could go either way.
- Seattle held the "bus" to little yardage. (43 I believe)
- even w/ Pit's D, Seattle still managed more yards total.
- the ball should "cross" the line, not "touch" it.
- 2 ref calls on Seattle were bogus; A:the pass down to 2yd line but gets called back for holding (replay showed no holding) B: clipping when trying to tackle.

All in all Pit. got the W & nobody's gonna change that, but I agree Sea. got shafted.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are we still on this?

On to College BBall and March Madness................

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Let me ask something here. In Soccer (really, the real Football but we're not going to get into that right about now ;) :) ) there's is an imaginary line along the edges so if the ball is in play (even if in the air) it could get called either as "Out of Bounds" or a "Goal" if that's the case.

Does the same rule applies here with American Football? if so, then, YES, I do believe it was a TD, if not, then someone was sure smoking a helluva spliff after watching the replay for a few times :D

Discuss amongst yourselves...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Steelers won it on that REVERSE PLAY - that what perhaps one of the best executed plays I have ever seen and a perfect pass. That play alone makes the Steelers the winner . It took guts , skills and a lot of practice, they made it worked. Even the 'Doctor' would have been proud about that 'pass'.

And there was no sound coming out of ****'s mouth for the first two songs at half time, if there was I couldnt hear it.

Cant get no satisfaction, I here Sete Gibernau sings that a lot under his helmet. At least he did last year. Maybe the Ducks will bring him goodluck, hey mix a little ball with MotoGP !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts