gabriel

yeah...peter gabriel

the musical box, the knife, the return of the giant hogweed
robbery assault and battery...
carpet crawlers...
the lamb lies down on broadway...

i can not wait !!! :clap:

and in other news:

the Cars will tour w/ todd rundgren sitting in, rick's not gonna tour but will do some dates

oh and CSN&Y are touring...

maybe just a little something to do between track days and goofin off down the shore this summer :D

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not the Who...

G-E-N-E-S-I-S

the classic lineup of players;

Mike Rutherford
Tony Banks
Phil Collins
Steve Hackett and
Peter Gabriel

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
ratdog said:
not the Who...

G-E-N-E-S-I-S

the classic lineup of players;

Mike Rutherford
Tony Banks
Phil Collins
Steve Hackett and
Peter Gabriel
I think 2 of those guys are skateboarders and the rest are movie actors?

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
I saw him back when he was on tour with Bowie, and then I saw him again a couple years ago here in town.

It was a great show, but all I could think was "Who's that old geezer, and what's he done with Peter Gabriel!", you can't go back.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
I here cars music and I feel weird inside. Takes a bit of AC/DC to bring me back.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Bigdaa said:
I here cars music and I feel weird inside. Takes a bit of AC/DC to bring me back.
My 4-yr old was singing T-N-T the other say. It cracked me up. I almost pissed myself!:lol:

I'd pay to see Genesis.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
School me on this one boyz and girlz but, didn't phil collins got into genesis when peter gabriel had left the building? Am I wrong here? where they both on the group at the same time?

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RC90 said:
School me on this one boyz and girlz but, didn't phil collins got into genesis when peter gabriel had left the building? Am I wrong here? where they both on the group at the same time?

no, yes, yes...

phil joined to replace john mayhew in aug of 70
peter joined the band in dec of 70
peter left in 75
phil takes on vocal and they do Trick of the Tail...a great album, just different w/o peter

http://www.genesis-music.com/

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Danke said:
I saw him back when he was on tour with Bowie, and then I saw him again a couple years ago here in town.

It was a great show, but all I could think was "Who's that old geezer, and what's he done with Peter Gabriel!", you can't go back.
i hear ya, but for a couple hours...one night sometime in the next year... i'll listen and have a few laughs w/ some friends...at least w/ this band it was more about the music and less about the quality of the vocals

in the meantime, i'll be listening to some vinyl that hasn't spun in 20yrs :D

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bigdaa said:
by the time angus and the boys hit america for the first time, i already had a stack of genesis albums...they's a bunch of youngin's :D

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
I am a drummer and have been beating on stuff with hide on it since the age of 6 (insert bad comment here: _____________________________). I have seen some of the reunion bands in person and on video. Some are great, some should have passed after their first practice together, IMO Cream being in the latter. Ginger Baker is still cool though. I do like it that they all try, and it is funny when your kids come home and tell you about the "new" band they heard.:wheelchair:

·
Registered
465 Posts
This thread makes me feel like I am in a forum with people around my age. whoo hoo

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Thanks for the crash course sir... Knowing is half the battle :D

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
ratdog said:
i hear ya, but for a couple hours...one night sometime in the next year... i'll listen and have a few laughs w/ some friends...at least w/ this band it was more about the music and less about the quality of the vocals

in the meantime, i'll be listening to some vinyl that hasn't spun in 20yrs :D

Hey Pete, didn't they get back together for a short time in the late 80's early 90's? Genesis that is.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
dadogs said:
Hey Pete, didn't they get back together for a short time in the late 80's early 90's? Genesis that is.
Yes, I do believe they did "THE WAY WE WALK" back in the 90's but w/o Peter Gabriel.

Awesome CD by the way!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
ratdog said:
yep, the boys are getting the band back together :punk:

rutherford
banks
collins
hackett
gabriel

yeah...peter gabriel

the musical box, the knife, the return of the giant hogweed
robbery assault and battery...
carpet crawlers...
the lamb lies down on broadway...

i can not wait !!! :clap:

and in other news:

the Cars will tour w/ todd rundgren sitting in, rick's not gonna tour but will do some dates

oh and CSN&Y are touring...

maybe just a little something to do between track days and goofin off down the shore this summer :D
I was all amped up ratdog, but after clicking around on the internet yesterday, it looks like its all HOGWASH......

Can you imagine Hackett and Gabriel back with Phil rolling around on the drum set like he used to??:thumbup1: ........Here's some of my wish list:

Ftn. of Salmacis
Supernatural anaesthetist
Can utility and the Coasliners
Cinema Show
Ripples
Duke End
Etc. Etc. Etc.

But I still doubt we'll ever see it.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
RC90 said:
Yes, I do believe they did "THE WAY WE WALK" back in the 90's but w/o Peter Gabriel.

Awesome CD by the way!
Peter Gabriel left the building in like 75. (Hackett in like 78)

They've produced about 10 albums since then.

They wrapped it up in the early 90's...then brought in a diifferent singer but it sucked

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Hmmm.... a band with Peter and Gabrial in it, called Genesis. :arabia:

So... the first part was the Old Testament? Let there be music?

And now, the reunion will the the New Testament. So, how come Lucifer was not in the original band when the played the Garden... of Eden that is?:huh:

And will Jesus join in this reunion and played the wood instruments ?!?!

Okay.... sorry... I just could not resist. No more Saki today!!! :wacko:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.