Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Riders,

I wanted your advice on the better bar end. I have a Honda 919 (2007), which gets buzzy at the higher RPMs. I've heard that weighted bar ends can help reduce the vibrations. The two names I've heard most often are Rhino brand and Motovation brand.

Anyone ever tried either, to see if they are about the same, or different? The Rhinos are $59.99 for a set of two. The Motovations are $179.98 for two. Obviously a big difference. Comments comparing both (or either) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Rhino:
Rhino Motorcycle Products

Motovation:
Honda Bar End Weights / Sliders - Most Hondas

·
McTavish
6,462 Posts
The factory bars have a rubber mounted dampener plus the external bar ends. Rather serious effort to damp things out right from the factory. Steel being a very "bright" material is part of it. Bright meaning it transmits vibration very well. I doubt that different bar ends will help you with the stock bars. Try aluminum bars with bar ends.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
It looks like the Motovation pieces are designed to work with the factory inserts, they appear to have the funny "stepped" inner end on them.
I like the Rhino axle slider units, I wonder which ones could be adapted for the 9er

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If you are running stock bars with the stock bar weights I doubt there is any advantage in changing them - you'd be better off putting on some new grips with thicker rubber as the stock ones are silly thin.

I found the stock bars offered very good vibe dampening - well in the two days they stayed on my bike! worlds weirdest bend IMO!

Alloy bars will alter the vibe but without bar end weights it will still be there. You are on the right track looking at stainless steel weighted bars - don't be fooled by any of the pretty coloured alloy ones - they offer nothing in vibe reduction due to their light weight.

I've got alloy ultra lows, bar end mirrors and I made some stainless steel bar end weights from a piece of 30mm round solid - machined to 35mm long, bored for the bolt and rubber retainer like other end weights, I find the bars are vibration free.

·
Cat Herder
1,788 Posts
Don't waste your money. A set of Renthal bars is a better way to go than either of those alternatives. I put on a Renthal bar with Rizoma grips and endcaps and feel nothing. No buzz. There are no weights and no internal dampeners. Just the naked bar and the alloy Rizoma grips and caps.

DennisKirk.com - Search Results

$64 for silver gray or gold

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Don't waste your money. A set of Renthal bars is a better way to go than either of those alternatives. I put on a Renthal bar with Rizoma grips and endcaps and feel nothing. No buzz. There are no weights and no internal dampeners. Just the naked bar and the alloy Rizoma grips and caps.

DennisKirk.com - Search Results

$64 for silver gray or gold
Ditto that, although I got the Rizoma bar with risers and ends. Now, how about that left footpeg?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts