Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,799 Posts
My only regret with the Sato rearsets is I didn't get them earlier.
Before I got them I was worried my legs may be cramped since the Sato footpeg position is a little higher and further back from stock. But they weren't cramped at all. In fact they feel very comfortable.
The gear shift is smooth with very little slop. A huge improvement over the stock gear shift lever.
Also absolutely vibration free. Whereas my stock left footpeg has some horrible vibes at certain revs.
The solid Sato footpegs will act as sliders in the event of a fall.
They look shit hot too.
LDH looked after me.

Attachments

·
McTavish
6,364 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
It's hard to me to spend 2500 dollars in mods on a bike that's worth 2500 dollars, and after the mods will be worth 2500 dollars, when the same money spend in 1-1 track coaching would be better spent in terms of lap times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Old, Bold rider
2002 Honda 919, 1976 Yamaha XT500 cafe, TC-JAG TZ250
2,480 Posts
Seeing as you intend to do some track time as well, suggest you consider evaluating the particular aluminum alloy used.
Some alloys allow for being able to reshape bent parts, while others don't - while also having a tendency to snap instead of bend.
+100! Having made quite a few rearsets over decades, I always use 6061-T6 51 or 2024-T6, both of which have quite a bit of flexibility. As to the foot controls: always mild steel. It holds up very well to normal use, bends without fracturing, and is easily straightened after a fall. Essential for endurance racing!

In fact, I selected certified 6061-T6 for my handlebar clamps after doing tests of various alloys and finding it was the best at deflecting as much as fifteen degrees and returning to it's original position, in contrast to 70** alloys which showed significant fracturing at less than eight degrees deflection, and are easily broken by a single hammer blow.

If a seller will not tell you what alloy is used buy from someone who will!

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts