Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember from the MotoRush forum what OEM hugger from the CBR series would fit the 2000 RC51 (not a perfect fit)? I forget what year, but something like a 2002 CBR(9??) rear hugger could be modded pretty easy to fit the 2000 RC51.
Thanks bros,
JohnnyB

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
JohnnyB said:
Does anyone remember from the MotoRush forum what OEM hugger from the CBR series would fit the 2000 RC51 (not a perfect fit)? I forget what year, but something like a 2002 CBR(9??) rear hugger could be modded pretty easy to fit the 2000 RC51.
Thanks bros,
JohnnyB
I believe it was a CBR 954.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
My brain just told me more info on this. The 954 hugger will the 2002+ swing arms fine. As far as the 2000-2001 RC's, you have to do, like...stuff. Or something.

The 600rr hugger will fit with a little drillin' Not that you want to do that.

'n' stuff

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind drilling a few holes. I'm just looking for something cheap that can be made to work. At one time I remember it being a fairly huge topic on MotoRush......what...no one archieved all that crap?
JohnnyB

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
JB, I actually used the 954 hugger myself. Had to basically do the same as procedure as the other thread, including removing the swingarm. The 954 hugger is a little longer. I'll post up some pics later, right now there are 600+ pics on my camera from vacation and I don't have time to load them all up.

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Are you guys with Rc's having issues with the hugger rubbing the tire? Depending on which brand he is using, my cousin has to take his hugger off. He has also shimmed the rear to raise it up a little.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I heard that problem with 190/55 tires but I thought it was only with those? I guess it sort of depends on how well you install it.

Man! Why didn't Honda just put one on these stupid bikes in the first place?

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
We haven't tried it yet, but he thinks the hugger from my 600RR will fit. I am pretty sure when he switched to the Pirelli SC's he had to raise the rear because of their profile. I want to say it was a 190/50 but don't quote me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts