Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone measure and tell me the length of rc 51 forks from axle c/l to top cap?

thank you

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine measures 750mm from the centre line of spindle hole to the top of the fork....then there is about 3mm for the top nut that would sit flush into the triple

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you woodyee

·
Back in the day
270 Posts
Drewvir,
SP1 and SP2 forks will have different free lengths, stock, due to the change in top out springs. I have a stock set of SP2's that measure 736 mm. Re worked forks are the same lengths give or take a bit.

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hondad, thanks

the reason for the question is this. with the availability of rc51 forks becoming harder to find at decent prices. i've been looking at alternative usd forks to use for the 919.

what i've found is 2006-2007 gsx-r 750 inverted forks are black,738 mm long from axle c/l to top cap, and have 1000 kg/mm springs from the factory.

now i just need to find the offset #'s for the rc51 clamps.

btw the gsxr 750 bottom clamp has a 28 mm bore for the head tube so if by some strange chance the offset and the widths were the same that would be alot easier for the swap guys to bore the hole to 29 mm than what they are doing now with the rc51 triples.

also the front wheel is a 3 spoke that is close to the 919 design but has 310 mm radial brakes.

just looking at options

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
because i want to and decided not to get a new bike

Reactions: camerajunkie

·
Back in the day
270 Posts
Drewvir,
It was not meant to be a derogatory/challenging question. It was just a question. Is it for the performance? There are ways to get the 919 forks to work very well for a reasonable sum. Or is it for the bling and building experience. Either is OK.
FYI Motogypsy has a set of SP1 forks with ohlins internals on Ebay for a good price.

I am planning on putting a set of AK20's in my 919 forks and an F3 FOX double clicker on the back.

ngold66
Nice work. I like the radial adapters are those the ones from Ben (rc51parts.com)?

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drewvir,
It was not meant to be a derogatory/challenging question. It was just a question. Is it for the performance? There are ways to get the 919 forks to work very well for a reasonable sum. Or is it for the bling and building experience. Either is OK.
FYI Motogypsy has a set of SP1 forks with ohlins internals on Ebay for a good price.

I am planning on putting a set of AK20's in my 919 forks and an F3 FOX double clicker on the back.

ngold66
Nice work. I like the radial adapters are those the ones from Ben (rc51parts.com)?

wasn't taken that way at all

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can anyone help with the rc51 triple dimensions?

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks alot voodoo

·
Ian
3,313 Posts
hondad, thanks

the reason for the question is this. with the availability of rc51 forks becoming harder to find at decent prices. i've been looking at alternative usd forks to use for the 919.

what i've found is 2006-2007 gsx-r 750 inverted forks are black,738 mm long from axle c/l to top cap, and have 1000 kg/mm springs from the factory.

now i just need to find the offset #'s for the rc51 clamps.

btw the gsxr 750 bottom clamp has a 28 mm bore for the head tube so if by some strange chance the offset and the widths were the same that would be alot easier for the swap guys to bore the hole to 29 mm than what they are doing now with the rc51 triples.

also the front wheel is a 3 spoke that is close to the 919 design but has 310 mm radial brakes.

just looking at options
I find this really interesting.:thumbup1:

I used your "suzuki fork matrix" from another thread and checked around. Turns out I have a friend with a complete K6 GSXR1000 front end.(forks,tripples,brakes,steering damper,controls,fender,wheel etc.etc.)

I would love to run them either with the gsxr clamps and the 9'er stem....or with my rc51/954 combo since both are 50-54mm.

Do you guys think, Is an overall length of 720mm to short for the 9'er?

I read somewhere the 954/929 is closer to 700mm and considered by many to be to short.

·
blur
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 103 Posts